Chapter 12

The car ride back was silent . The driver didn't make conversation and Lisa was thankful. She doubted she would be good enough to keep  intelligent conversation going when she was lost in her thoughts.

When she got home , she didn't see James so she went to the kitchen to see if Ms. Mayor was there. She wanted to ask her some questions concerning that girl, Lillian.

She pushed the kitchen door open and froze in mid stride with her mouth hanging open. Her heart slammed into her  chest as she took in the sight in front of her.

Brian was standing in the middle of the kitchen with nothing but snug, dark jeans that hugged his thighs and hung dangerously low on his hips. She leaned against the door to still her trembling legs and she continued to ogle him. His dark  hair was curly and dripping wet from the shower. His blue eyes twinkled in the sunlight streaming through the  kitchen windows and his full pink lips were slightly parted. The muscles in his forearms bunched and expanded as he raised his arms to dry his hair with a fluffy white towel. She unconsciously licked her lips as she stared at his chest. Little beads of water had dribbled down his chest and the thought of licking them away had heat pooling in her lower region. He had an amazing six pack and she wondered how often he exercised. A tiny sprinkling of hair started right below his navel and disappeared below the waist band of his jeans. A delicious shiver wracked her body as she thought of what lay under there.

"Hey , you're back", Brian said snapping her out of her daze.

"Huh? Oh yeah, i just got back", she stuttered.

He slid on to a stool and threw the towel over his shoulder. His movement were graceful like those of a tiger. He stared at her for a second . She almost passed out from the intensity of his gaze. His lips quirked up into a lopsided grin and a strange light entered his eyes, almost like he knew something she didn't and that gave him a secret pleasure.

---

Brian stepped out of the shower , toweled himself off and pulled on dark jeans. He grabbed a towel trowing it over his shoulder skipped down the stairs to the kitchen and opened the fridge pouring himself a glass of milk. He sat in the same chair that Lisa sat in earlier and grinned, remembering the light blush that had come over her cheeks right after she kissed him on the cheek this morning. His spot where she'd pressed her lips still tingled. He rubbed his hand across the spot and relished the memory.

His cell phone rang , jerking him out of his reverie. He picked it up from the counter and answered.

"Hey Brian it's me,Brady", his cop friend said at the other end of the line.

"Hey, got good news for me Brady?"

"Yeah i do, this morning when we came to the station we found an envelope. When Neil and i opened it they were contracts. Your stolen contracts".

Brian froze with the glass of milk halfway to his lips. His contracts?

"How in the hell the contract came all the way here from San Francisco?", he yelled.

"Dude calm down, no need to scream my ears off", Brady said. He could hear the grimace in his friend's voice.

"Sorry ".

Brady sighed and carried on.

" i don't know but we're checking for any DNA samples on the envelopes or contracts and we're checking the cameras and also interrogating the people nearby that might have seen something. When we're done we'll call you to pick them up and also you might want to get someone to handle the media they've been sneaking around. I think you have a leak somewhere".

"Okay , thanks man!", Brian said over joyed. He quickly ended the call with Brady and Dialed Logan, his personal assistant.

"Boss", Logan answered .