Chapter 14

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait but my modem fell and they're taking really long to replace it. I'm actually using my neighbor's internet right now . (I'm not stealing it. I swear! I totally asked permission to use it....in my mind)

Dedicated to Jennilla Greig. She's my motivation for this chapter.

Enjoy!!!!

--------------------------------------

CONT'D from chpt 13

............... She looked about three years old . She was wearing a cute little pink baby doll dress with matching leggings and white sandals. Her hair was in pig tails and she was grinning up at the camera with a lollipop stuck in her mouth. Her two upper front teeth was missing. She looked innocent and absolutely adorable . Now she looked like a she devil, maybe a teenage she devil.

The next picture was below that one . It was of Brian and Melanie.A Ferris wheel was in the back ground and people were everywhere doing their own thing. Brian was dressed in a green t-shirt and light blue jeans. Melanie was sitting on her shoulders clutching a bag of half eaten cotton candy and she seemed to be giggling. She was wearing black jeans and a yellow top. Her hair was in a long braid much as it is today. They looked like they were having a great time. There were no other pictures on the wall but there was a nail on the other side of Melanie's picture suggesting that there had been one.It must have been of his ex wife . Why else would he remove it?

"That was last year. I took her to the May Fair for her birthday because she thought Fun World would be too crowded ", he said from behind her.

She jumped away with a little yelp.

"Dear god , what is the matter with you?", she asked clutching the place where her heart is supposed to be .

'What ? It's not my fault you're so jumpy . Not to mention the fact that you are deft. I just fell off of that couch . How could you not have heard that?"

"You fell? Oh my god, i would've killed to see that", she laughed .

He glared at her mockingly .

"So what do you think?", he asked.

"It's certainly homey . Casual but classy . I like it!", she replied honestly.

"Yeah . When Maggie left i redecorated it to suit my style. I refer comfort to luxury." , he shrugged.

"That doesn't sound like something a billionaire would say", she said arching an eyebrow questioningly.

He shrugged again.

"Who doesn't like my house i'm sure James or Roger or even Ian  would be happy to show them out. I'm the one that lives here and if they don't like it then that's there problem."

She nodded thoughtfully . That's something she'd hadn't expected to hear . Not that Brian is a materialistic guy anyway.

"Let's go back to the kitchen now. I'm hungry" , he said walking out of the room.

She followed him.

"Didn't you just eat an apple", she questioned.

"Yeah . What's your point?', he asked turning to face her.

"Nothing", she raised both hands in surrender.

They passed the paintings again and she wrinkled her nose.

"Who chose those?', she asked his back.

"Maggie", was his reply.

"Oh, well she has really bad taste then . Why would anyone buy something like that?", she muttered.