Chapter 6

"Hi", she whispered .

"Hey ", he grinned causing her to mirror his expression.

"Thank you for helping me" , he said sincerely.

"It's okay. You probably would've done the same for me."

"Nah, i would've stolen all of your money then set your car on fire. In fact i did that to my sister once . She was being mean to me so i slashed her tires. That day she set off to work quite happily , if i remember correctly. The air slowly went out of the tire and soon it was deflated. The car crashed and me of course was there. How convenient right?", he winked at her.

"Anyway i took all of her valuables then sat the car ablaze", he said smiling.

Her face was a mask of horror as she inched towards the door. She was looking at him like he was some kind of sociopath. He burst out laughing.

"I'm kidding , i don't even have a sister. You're too easy."

She huffed and sat back in her chair. A devilish gleam appeared in her eyes and she leaned forward.

"Do you want to know a secret ?", she asked coyly.

He nodded amused.

"What do you think about your accident? Wasn't it strange that i was the only one there? When accidents happen a lot of people gather around , isn't it so ? So where did all the people go? And what about this syringe ? What do you think it has inside? Some kind of drug right? More importantly what will happen when i inject you with it's contents? How will you feel? Sleepy?, Nauseous? Or will you even feel at all?".

His eyes widened as he looked at the syringe in her hands . Panic clawed it's way up his throat as he sighed dramatically and leaned forward. There was no way he could fight her. He was already feeling sleepy from the drugs the doctor gave him. She moved even closer to him. He threw up his hands in defense and waited for the blow to come. It never did . He lowered his hands and stared at her as she started laughing. It was a prank . His angel pranked him! He had thought that she could be nothing but sweet and innocent . Guess he was wrong.

"I'm kidding , you're too easy", she repeated his words from before.

"How did you do that? Where did you get the syringe?"

" It was right here on the table", she indicated the table beside the bed.

"But i didn't see you pick it up".

"That's because you were looking at my face not my hands".

"That was good ", he laughed.

"You really got me there. The funny thing is you don't strike me as a prankster. You look so sweet and innocent."

She blushed furiously but said" Never judge a book by it's cover.You'd be surprised to see what's between the pages."

"True", he nodded at her wise words.

"I like your perfume ", he whispered.

She was redder than before.

"Th- thanks ", she stuttered.

She stuttered when she was embarrassed . So cute!

"Come closer", he beckoned.

She leaned forward hesitantly. He traced her jaw line taking in her features. She was stunning. He had thought that Maggie was beautiful but his angel just shot her out of the sky! His eyes traveled down to her mouth . He trailed his fingers over her slightly parted lips. They were so soft. He heard her breath catch in her throat then shudder through her lips. He leaned closer. She leaned in too. Their lips were merely inches apart now . He quickly closed the distance between them , brushing his lips against her's . She moaned softly and he hardened instantly. He had never wanted a woman as much as he wanted her now. Not even his ex-wife Maggie.

High heels clicked on the hospital  floor , signaling someone's arrival. They sprang apart.

The door burst open and in walked Nancy.

" Brian honey , are you okay? My poor baby!" , her voice was a high pitched squeak as she rushed over to his side. It was like gravel grating on his raw nerves. How he hated that voice. He was only keeping her around because Melanie seemed to like her. Why ?, he had no clue.

He nodded.

She leaned over and placed a sloppy kiss on his lips. Her perfume hit his nose causing the familiar burning in the back of his throat. Hello woman there's such a thing as too much perfume. Ever heard of it?

He glance over to his angel in time to see her wrinkle her nose. She looked so cute!

Nancy turned to her.

"You can leave now. You can come back to clean when i'm gone", she waved his angel away.

"No Nancy . This is-"

"Don't worry honey. She 'll come back later then your room will be nice and clean", she looked around with distaste.

His angel hurried out of the room before he could beg her to stay . He didn't even know her name and it was all because of that stupid Nancy. How dare she call his angel a janitor?

" Oh my gosh Brian . I had an amazing day . I did my nails then-"

Mercifully sleep came and drowned out her words . Thank god ! She was so selfish . Who tells a man in the hospital about their  day shopping?

NE$$@<3