XXXIII

Maki's POV

"I told you I'm taken, leave me alone!" I heard Gon yell.

Wow.. that was, unexpected, and now everyone's looking at him, shit.

Gon noticed everyone staring at him and ran out, I saw people asking Don what he did to him, this wasn't working, stupid Myoga siblings, this wouldn't have happened if they did their jobs.
_________________________________
Gon's POV

I ran as fast as I could to the garden, I needed to reset. I sat down at my usual table, and stared at the promise ring Killua gave me.

A random ass prince comes up to me to harass me, then Killua's flirting with some random princess, I don't even know what's going on at this point. There's no way Killua would do that intentionally, there has to be an explanation, like the same way I have an explanation, it'll be okay.. maybe

I cried silently, hoping no one managed to follow me. I felt my phone buzzing, almost everyone was texting me, I'd only planned on responding to Kaori's, I told her to tell everyone I'm okay, I'd tell her the real story later.

I scrolled through youtube trying to find something to watch to make me feel better, until the true crime videos Killua and I would watch popped up making me even sadder.

"Baby" I heard his voice.

I looked up at him.

"I fought him" Killua said making as eyes widen.

"Killua what?! Who?" I ask as he sat across from me.

"Don, I made him tell me what he was doing, Maki set some dumb plan to make us lose trust in one another, I wasn't trying to talk to that girl you saw me with, she just came up to me as soon as I walked in and wouldn't let me leave" Killua said.

"Maki?! Are you serious?" I say angrily.

"Yes, sorry he might've ruined your night.." Killua says.

"No it's fine, as long as we're good, I'm good, but if you fought him, that means everyone saw.. I don't want you in trouble" I say frowning.

"I won't be, it was outside of the lounge" Killua smiled.

"Still! Be careful.." I say.

I looked at him as he looked at me, it's like we could communicate without speaking. He reached his hand out to mine, we smiled at each other as I noticed the watch I got him.

"Aw you wore the watch" I smiled.

"I thought I'd show it off tonight, it'll be back in the box in a couple hours though" he chuckled.

"I could buy like five more of those, don't be scared to wear it" I rolled my eyes.

"I still have to treasure it though, it's like a piece of you Im wearing" Killua said as I stood up.

"Yes because that makes total sense, let's go back now, I wanted some of the drinks at the bar" I say pulling him.

"Do we have to? There's so many people" Killua groaned as he stood up.

"We can leave to the balcony after I get my things" I smiled but he stared at me for a minute.

"Were you crying?" he asked.

"A little, I'm okay though" I say looking up at him.

"I'm sorry, it's because of me isn't it" he says wrapping his hands around my waist.