LII

Gon's POV

"Hm? What do you mean?" I ask.

"We should probably just take you to the front" Benji says putting his hand behind my back.

"Oh okay let's go then" I say grabbing my bag.

As we all began walking up to the front of the palace my mind was filled with anxious thoughts.

Why were Benji and Miyata were looking at each other like that? And the tone in their voices, the way they were hesitant to just tell me what's going on.. it can't be anything too bad though. Hopefully..

We were opening the door to the lobby and as we were walking in I saw a brown haired man in one of the nicest suits I'd ever seen.

There's only one person I know who wears suits like that..

"Um.. yeah" Benji says in a quiet tone.

"Gon?" he turned around.

My heart stopped for a second after seeing who it was. "W-why are you here?! You follow and stalk me in Japan and now you're at my families palace! Leave Maki!" I yelled as I kept my distance from him.

"Gon I know this might be creeping you out, I'm sorry I just need to talk to you. I have no way of doing so other than in person, please just let me have 3 minutes" he says getting on his knees.

"Um. Should I.. go?" Kurapika says.

I looked back at him. "I'm so sorry Kurapika I didn't wanna get you caught into this, I'm sorry too Miyata and Benji. Miyata can you take Kurapika to the car?" I ask.

"Yeah of course, let's go Kurapika" Miyata says.

Benji came a bit closer to me as Maki was still on his knees. "Are you gonna talk to him?" Benji whispered.

"I guess, maybe he'll leave me alone if I do" I sighed.

I told Miyata and Benji about what he'd done, everything. From the abuse and the breakup, to him following me and even trying to break me and Killua up at one point.

"I'll be right here" he says looking at me.

"Thank you" I smiled and looked back at Maki. "3 minutes, that's all, seriously" I say.

"I'll make it worth it." he says getting up. "Can we.. be alone though?" he says glancing at Benji.

"No, now talk" I say.

".. like I said, I know I've probably been creepy and I'm sorry I just didn't know how to approach you. I've been blocked on everything and Chai and Rima don't let me use them to contact you so the next best way was to find you and talk to you in person. I'll start by letting you know I'm sorry, I don't expect you to forgive me and I'm not asking you to, but I apologize for everything I put you through Gon. You're so special and I was an idiot for ever forgetting that, I'm not trying to make excuses at all but I feel like the stress got to me and I started taking it out on you more and more. I would never do that again though, I've grown and I'm still growing to be better for you and everyone around me" he says.

I stayed silent.

"I know I was controlling, manipulative, and abusive to you, but ever since I truly have been trying to get better. There hasn't been a day when I haven't thought about you, and I've been seeing what you're doing and I'm so proud of you. I'll stop wasting your time though, I just want to be apart of your life again not as a boyfriend or even a friend, I can simply be a stranger if you want. I just want to be apart of your world somehow" Maki says.

"You have about 40 seconds left, anything else?" I say looking at the time.

He stared at me.

"All right then" I say as I began walking.