3

Wanda POV:

She wasn't okay. I mean it was obvious, I just hate that she lost someone. I have lost so many, and it never gets easier. I'm not sure what to tell her, there is no easy way to get over a loss, especially someone you're close to.

I knew it was really bad when she wouldn't meet my eyes again. For the few months I've been her teacher every time I look in her direction – her eyes would catch mine, and she never broke away. But now when she did, I knew it was bad.

"When I lost my brother, I couldn't look anyone in the eyes either. I was afraid they would see through me, and what they held were memories. I was constantly searching for him, even though he wasn't there, and I knew if someone looked at me, they wouldn't understand."

I take a minute before taking her hands again when she just stands looking down at the floor. I hold them both in one hand, the other goes up to her face. I wipe away a few tears with my thumb before I tuck away some hair falling in her face. She has such beautiful hair. I take my hand carefully under her chin pushing it up, making her look at me. I look right in her soft but hurt eyes, "It's okay, you don't have to hide. I can take it, but you can't alone."

Before I know it – she hugs me tightly, and I press her even closer. I feel the tears on my shoulder, but I let her cry. She needs this. I carefully run my hand over her back, the other shielding her head so she doesn't feel like I can see her cry. "Does it ever get better?" She hulks out.

"It does, eventually. The pain gets smaller, but it never goes away. Your dad will always be in your heart, that way it will never be over. But eventually the hurt feels more like love, and less like pain."

We stay there for a while, I don't dare move away, not that I want to either. Her crying turns to quiet sobs till they stop all together. First when her breathing feels normal, I start to speak again, "why don't I help you?"

She pulls away from the embrace and I see a question mark painted across her face, "I'll help you study, today and after class tomorrow, then you'll revise this weekend and take the test again on Monday. How does that sound?"

"Really? You would help me?" Her surprise breaks me a little, it sounds like she has never been offered any help before.

"Yes of course I would, I want you to pass this class, just as much if not more than you... Why don't you go to the bathroom and clean up a bit, go to your next classes and meet me at my office at the end of the day?" She just nods silently.

I give her one last quick hug, "it will get easier," and for the first time in a while I see a hint of a smile on her face.