Chapter 6

Once the afternoon was over, I took a shower and went to the living room to see Hannah and William watching tv.

"What are you watching ?"

"The Modern Family"

"Ouh let me some space" I said as I sat next to William. I didn't realize how tired I was until I felt myself falling asleep on William's shoulder.

~~~

"Peyton, Peyton, wake up" he whispered. I opened my eyes to see that it was the night

"What's going on ?"

"Ralph said the dinner was ready"

"Oh, I'm starving"

We went to the kitchen and saw Ralph and Annalisa serving dinner.

"So, what did you made for tonight ?"

"Pastas"

The others joined us and we started to eat. I can't remember much of the dinner because I was a bit zoned out.

"Peyton, are you okay ?" asked Mary

"Yeah, I'm just tired" I lied but I knew she didn't believe it.

"Okay. Can you help me to clean up ?"

"Sure"

I stood up and and did the dishes.

"Okay, now what's the problem ?"

"I don't know"

"Liar"

"Fine. I was just thinking about what Hannah said earlier about Jacob."

"That he was checking you out"

"He wasn't"

"Peyton why don't you want to admit it ? You like him and I'm sure he likes you."

"But what if he doesn't ? Mary I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"Peyton, happiness is for everyone, especially for you"

"Thank you Mary"

"You're welcome. Now go to bed, you look horrible"

"It's always good to hear that" we laughed and I went in my bedroom. I put on my pyjamas, brushed my teeth, made a ponytail and lay down on my bed.

I was almost asleep when I felt two arms around my waist. I put my hand on the arm and caressed it.

"Goodnight Peyton"

"Goodnight Jacob"