Chapter 14

I was now in the street, freezing like death. I didn't want to go to my car but now I needed too but I knew Jacob would probably be there. What was I supposed to do ? I didn't want to see him but I couldn't get sick because of this, I have to shoot tomorrow.

When I was heading back to Xolo's house, a car came near me and stopped. I turned to saw who the driver was and sighed.

"Can't you leave me alone ?"

"Not when you're mad at me. Now come on, you're freezing."

I knew I didn't have the choice. Either I went in by myself or he will force me. I sighed one last time before going in. We drove in silent and I haven't dare to look at him. My body was shaking like crazy.

"Here take this" I turned to look at him and saw he took off his sweatshirt and was handing it to me.

"I"m fine"

"For God's sake, take it"

I took it and put it on me. It smelled like him, the smell I've been dreaming about for months. No matter if I was stressed or sad this smell was there for me. It was comforting. It was the only thing I needed in my life. But right now, it was the last smell I wanted to think about. I hated it.

"I'm sorry Peyton, I should have been there"

"That's all you can say ? I should've been there ?"

"I know that's not enough, but I'll make it up to you"

"Sure"

"You don't believe me and that's okay, but I'll gain your trust"

"Whatever"

"We're there"

I looked around and saw that we were at Xolo's house. I got out of the car and closed the door loudly before going to my own car. I didn't hesitate a second and left the party. What a stupid idea it was to come. I drove to my house and went straight in my room. I even forgot I still had Jacob's sweatshirt. Great now I have to give him back. No, that's not what I will do. I will put it in his lodge when he is shooting and I'll avoid him. I should have done this since the beginning.

Never fall in love. Love is just something that will hurt you. You think you need it in your life but you don't.

My phone rang and I sighed. I already knew who it was. Mary.

"Why can I feel you're about to yell at me ?"

"I don't know maybe because you left the party without telling me !"

"I know and I'm sorry"

"What did he do ?"

"How do you know he did something ?"

"Because I kind of told him to go talk to you"

"Mary !"

"I know ! But you had to talk to him. Peyton you love him and I'm sure he loves you."

"M, I love you but you're wrong on this one. If you love someone, you don't dance really close with someone else."

"You can if you want to capture his attention"

"But it would be the worst way to do it"

I could fell the tears making their way to my eyes but I didn't want to bother Mary. She can't be worried for me all the time. I know it's because she loves me but it's not good for her, I can take care of myself.

"Look M, I have to go but I'll see you tomorrow, okay ?"

"Goodnight P, love you"

"Love you too"

I hang up and threw myself on the bed. I went under the sheets and cried myself to sleep, still with Jacob's sweatshirt.