Chapter 15

Did you ever wake up and feel like you've been punched right in the chest ? Because that's exactly how I felt this morning. I didn't want to do anything, but I had to, so I got up and left for work. To make anything better, I can't get this dream out of my head. It seemed so real, so peaceful, but of course it wasn't. Jacob and I weren't dating and we can even say we're the opposite of dating, we haven't gone on a vacation in a penthouse, and I still haven't seen Ralph or William since the beginning of shooting. I really miss them. And to make it the perfect day, I still had Jacob's sweatshirt.

"Peyton ? Peyton can you hear me ? Peyton !"

"Oh what ? Sorry, I'm really tired."

"It's okay, but do you want to tell me what happened ?"

"Nothing happened, why do you think something happened ?"

"Because I know you Peyton and you can't lie to me. So I'm going to ask it again, what happened yesterday when we hang up ?"

"Mary, please, I don't want to talk about it"

She was about to say something when we got interrupted by the director's voice

"Mary, we need you on set to shoot a scene with Xolo"

"Okay, I'm coming"

She left and I sighed of relief. I couldn't continue this conversation any longer. I needed advice, not that Mary isn't wise but I needed someone with more experience. I needed one of my dads. But first, I had something to do, I had to give Jacob's sweatshirt back. I took it and walked to his lodge, hoping he wasn't there. My hands were shaking and my heart was beating fast. What was I supposed to do ? I couldn't go back, I needed to get rid of it as soon as possible. I opened the door of his lodge and threw the sweatshirt before closing the door and walking back to my room. Hopefully, I didn't see him in there.

~~~

I was reading my script again when I heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it ?"

"Why don't you open the door and find out ?"

I didn't pay attention to the voice and just opened the door. My eyes opened wide when I saw William and Ralph in front of me. I jumped into their arms and hugged them tight.

"Easy Peyton" said Ralph out of breath.

"How come I haven't seen any of you since I came here ?"

"I don't know, our schedule are different"

"I missed you guys so much"

"We missed you too"

"Yeah and it's not that we don't like to be with you but actually the director wants you on set"

"What for ?"

"Shoot a scene with Martin"

"Okay, thanks"

"You're welcome. Now let's go, they're waiting for us."

"Wait, I need your help"

"What for ?"

"Well there's this guy, he ignored me for a while and I was mad at him so I told him and first he didn't react but then he told me he'll change but I can't believe him and I don't know what to do"

"Look, you like this guy, this guy likes you so go ahead, tell him you like him"

"But what if he doesn't like me back ?"

"Don't worry, I'm sure Jacob likes you"

"Jacob ? Why are you talking about Jacob ?" I said really fast.

"We know. Now come on, we have some work to do."

We shot some more scenes before the end of the day. I shot a scene with Martin, then with Tanner and another one with Mary. I was exhausted and wanted just to go home. I went to my lodge to pack my things when I heard a voice.

"You didn't think you could go that easily ?"

Shit !