Chapter 7

I woke up and the two arms were still there. I turned my head and saw Jacob, peacefully sleeping. He was cute with his mouth a bit open.

I got up and went in the kitchen. Everyone was still sleeping since no one is there. I want to make breakfast, maybe pancakes with eggs, bacon and bread. Yeah, that sounds good.

Ten minutes later, Xolo came in the kitchen.

"Oh it smells bacon"

"Yeah and pancakes"

"Don't tell Hannah I said that but I love you" I laughed because he's not saying this to me but to the food.

"Come on it's almost ready"

"Wow Peyton you made breakfast" said Mary as she came in the kitchen.

"Yeah"

"Ouh I'm impressed" said Jacob. He came and kissed my cheek before sat on a chair.

Everyone came and we all ate. They all thanked me for making breakfast and I blushed a bit.

After the breakfast, the girls (including me) decided to go in the hot tub while the boys will go play basketball.

I changed in my swimsuit and rejoined the girls. We talked about them and their boyfriends, their project for the future until the boys joined us.

"What were you talking about ?"

"Oh, you know, girl stuff" I winked.

We let them space and the boyfriends got comfortable with their girlfriends while I was just there. I hated myself for feeling a bit jealous. They all deserve to be happy, but I can't help but wish to be with someone right now.

"Hey, are you okay ?" asked Jacob.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be ?"

"Come here"

He put his arm around my waist like he always did and I put my head on his shoulder. It felt right for a second but then I realised we're not dating.

"I have to go"

I left the hot tub and went to change in my room. I put sports clothes because I think I need to run.

Knock knock knock

"Yes ?"

Jacob came in with a shovel around his waist.

"What are you doing ?"

"I'm going for a run"

"Peyton calm down" he put his hands on my cheek and made me look at him. Why is he acting like this with me ?

"Jacob, what are we ?"

"What ?"

"No you know what I got a better question, why did you suddenly stop talking to me ?"

"What do you mean ?"

"Right after the season 4, you just blew me off, no calls, no texts, nothing"

"Peyton, I..."

"How do you think I was, when my best friend for five years ignored me like I was a piece of shit ?"

"You can't say that"

"Why ? Why not ?"

"Peyton..."

"No don't say anything, I'm out. I won't let you hurt me just because I love you."

I left the room then the house and ran as fast as I can, far away from the house.

Why did I have to say these things to him ?