Chapter 8

I didn't run a lot. I fell against a tree and cried all the tears that I've been accumulating. Being an actress is so stressing and Jacob isn't helping. My phone rang and it was a text from Xolo.

Hey, where are you ?

I quickly typed an answer.

I went for a run, don't worry

And about thirty seconds later, I got a text from Mary.

You will tell me what happened between you too when you got home. Just be back in twenty minutes because dinner will be ready.

I smiled at her text because she knows me too well that she doesn't worry. I also got texts and calls from Jacob but I ignored them all. I need to think. Alone.

Everything I wanted to avoid happened. I didn't want to ruin our friendship, I did. Well done Peyton !

I walked home and Jacob was there when I opened the door.

"Peyton, I..."

"Peyton !" yelled Annalisa before Jacob could finish his sentence. I owe her because I was not able to have that conversation with him right now.

"I was running, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys"

"It's okay, when we saw that Mary wasn't worried, we understood it wasn't a big deal. Come on let's have dinner."

We headed to the kitchen and saw everyone here.

"Here's our little sporty girl"

"Haha, very funny Tanner"

We ate pizzas but I wasn't really in the mood to talk with the others. At the end of the dinner, Mary took me in her room and made me sit on her bed.

"What did he do ?"

"He didn't do anything. I asked him why he ignored me and he didn't answer. And I accidentally kind of told him I loved him."

"You did what ?!"

"I was so angry I couldn't help it"

"And what did he say ?"

"I didn't give him the chance to answer"

"Peyton"

"I know, I know, I should have let him talk. What do I do now ?"

"You go to him and hear what he has to say"

"Thank you" I hugged her.

"You're welcome. Now go, Tanner is behind the door waiting to come in."

"What ?" I got up and opened the door to see him. "How did you know that ?"

"I've been with him for two years. You think I don't know him ?" she laughed.

I left their room and went in mine, ready to have this conversation with Jacob.