Chapter 12

/!\Spoilers from Cobra Kai season 5 /!\

Suddenly, I woke up. All of this was just a dream. This trip, Jacob, me, our couple, nothing was real. Why on earth have I dreamed about this ? Jacob and I are just friends and we haven't talked since three months, he just blew me off. You might think I'm sad about this, well you're right. It kills me. He didn't give me one reason. Not a call, not a text, not a talk. Nothing.

I opened my phone and scrolled a bit on Instagram. I found an old picture of Jacob and I and smiled slightly.

 I found an old picture of Jacob and I and smiled slightly

I wiped the tear which rolled down my cheek and got up. Today was the first day of shooting of Cobra Kai's season 5. I have to admit I'm extremely anxious. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see Mary, Xolo and Hannah but I'm also really nervous. I don't know how I will react when I'll see Jacob again. I mean, yeah, he is, well, was my best friend but I don't know if I'll be angry, sad or happy.

I got ready and left my house. I went in my car and listened to my Taylor Swift playlist. I was humming a song when I got a call from Mary.

"Hey M"

"Hey Peyton"

"What's up ?"

"Nothing really, I just wanted to see how you were doing"

"I'm okay"

"Peyton"

"Yeah, okay, I'm freaking out"

"It's gonna be okay"

"I hope so"

"You know you'll have to talk to him"

"I know but I won't be the first one to talk"

"Fine"

"I have to hang up, I'm almost there"

"See you in a minute P"

"Bye Mary"

I walked to the set and saw Xolo in front of me. Once he saw me and smiled, I ran to him and he took me in his arms.

"I missed you Pey"

"Missed you too Xolo"

"How have you been ?"

"Great and you ?"

"Good"

"Ready to shoot the pool scene ?"

"You bet ! Ready to kick Jacob's ass ?"

"Always"

I greeted Tanner and took my place. I didn't even see Jacob yet. We started shooting and when I saw him, I froze.

"And cut ! Peyton, are you okay ?"

I couldn't move, I just stood there looking at him. He was staring at me too, a bit worried. He tried to approach me but I took a step back. That's when I stopped freezing.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay, sorry"

"Alright, let's give it another try"

We shoot a few more scenes before the director told us to take a five minutes break. I went in my room and heard someone following me, probably Mary. I opened the door and laid on the couch. I stood up as soon as I heard the voice

"What just happened ?"

"So now you're talking to me Jacob ?"

I stood up and look straight at him.

"What are you talking about ?"

"You know what nevermind, let's go join the others"

I didn't let him talk and left my room. I walked straight to the set where I saw Tanner.

"Hey have you seen Mary ?"

"No, but are you okay ? You don't look well."

"I'm just really tired. Let's finish this so I can go home."

"As you want"

I tried to smile at him but failed.

"All right guys, let's do this. We're gonna shoot Tory's conversation with Silver."

"Okay, see you later Peyton. You're still coming tonight ?"

"What's happening tonight ?"

"We're all going to Xolo's house, to celebrate the first day of shooting"

"I don't know Tanner"

"Let me arrange that"

He took his phone and did I don't know what, probably sending a text to someone and a second later I got a call from Mary.

"Yes M ?"

"You're going"

I looked up to see Tanner smiling and showed him my middle finger. I mouthed an "I hate you Tanner" and he made a heart with his hands before leaving me there.

"Why ?"

"Because I'm going there alone"

"You'll be with Tanner"

"Yeah but I also want to be with you"

"Fine"

I hung up and looked at the director. "Let's do this"