part 5

Dec spent a considerable amount of time scanning over the generous menu and being very surprised that the kitchen was still open at this time of evening,but he was glad it was.

"A generous portion of tortilla chips,topped with grated cheese,guacamole,soured cream,salsa and jalapenos" he read the description of the nachos out loud "I'm definitely having those to start with"

"Ooh,barbecued spare ribs" he continued "with buttery jacket potato and peas,having that too"

Dec thought that would probably be more than enough food for now,that was until the desserts caught his eye.

'Don't know when I might get another chance to do this' he thought to himself 'if ever'

So after settling on chocolate cheesecake and also a pint of cold Fosters,which he preferred to the stuff that was in the mini bar,he put his order in.

He had the excitement of a small child when he heard a knock at the door a while later,jumping up off the bed and almost tripping over in his haste to answer it.

"Your dinner sir" the smartly dressed man announced.

"Thank you" Dec smiled as he took the large tray and placed it down on the nearby dressing table.

The hotel worker was still standing at the open door.

"Oh...umm...sorry I don't have any change" Dec announced sheepishly.

"Very good sir" the man replied "I bid you goodnight"

"I bid you goodnight" Dec mimicked after closing the door "stuck up git,this ain't America,we don't have to tip everyone"

Dec did feel slightly uncomfortable though,he knew in different circumstances he would definitely have tipped the man,very generously in fact,but he obviously wasn't in a position to do that now.

So he decided to put the awkward exchange to the back of his mind and concentrate on his dinner,the aromas coming from it were already making him practically drool with anticipation.

He closed his eyes as he placed the first nacho in his mouth,savouring the mix of flavours that were teasing his taste buds,from the warm,melted cheese to the cool,tangy salsa.

After that first taste,he wolfed the whole plateful down,the food barely touched the sides and he let out a contented sigh after actually picking the plate up and holding it close to his face so he could lick it clean,determined not to waste a single morsel.

Barely stopping to wipe his messy fingers,he removed the lid from the cloche and breathed in the delicious aromas from his main course.

That too was hurried down as if he had no idea where his next meal was coming from,which frankly he didn't.

Again,he made sure every tiny piece of food was gone from the plate,he had actually started to feel pretty full up half way through the meal,but there was no way he was going to give up and waste anything,he just powered on,forcing it down.

Luckily the cheesecake didn't take too much effort,he'd always joked that he had a separate stomach for desserts and no matter how full up he might be,he always found room for sweet stuff.

The dinner had been amazing,but he could barely move now,so lay on the bed staring blankly at the television screen,trying to ignore how uncomfortable he was.

"God Declan" he scolded himself "why did you eat so much?"

He fidgeted on the bed for a while,undecided about which position would relieve his discomfort the most,if any,until a strange feeling in his throat made him get up suddenly and dash towards the bathroom.