I was never hard to get (5)

"Let's play a game." 

"What game?" 

"Let's play hard to get." 

When those words struck Seokhoon's ears, he couldn't believe himself. 

How Rona had changed. Significantly. 

The old Rona wouldn't have spoken something as bold as so. 

Indeed time could change people. 

But it was like a drug, addictive.

"I accept your challenge, Bae Rona." 

Seokhoon recalled his reply to Rona. 

Seokhoon didn't know why he was willing to dive into this pit of fire for Rona.

He could not control his beating heart for Rona. 

He didn't know what went through his mind but he felt it was necessary. He couldn't lose his chance with Rona anymore. 

Yet in the back of his mind, he knew Rona had moved on with another relationship. She has a boyfriend now. Even if he kept reconfirming to her that he never had a relationship with Eunbyeol, Rona wouldn't have believed him. And he was in no position to destroy her relationship. 

But fate is like magnets. 

Attracted to each other. 

Seokhoon held on tightly to two packets of chocolate milk. The ones that Rona gave him as her first 'thank you' gift for him. He had treasured the box since then.

He looked through the windows into the music room where Rona was practising her vocals while playing on the piano. He then looked at the boxes in his hand. 

Even if Rona doesn't take him back, or even there isn't any possibility between them anymore, there was no reason for any awkwardness between them. 

They can still...be friends

As much as Seokhoon didn't want that to be an option, it was an option to try, to get back, closer to Rona's heart. 

Rona was quite concentrated, immersed in her training that she did not realise that the tall figure had sneaked in, slowly walking towards her. 

A box of chocolate milk was placed at the corner top of the piano. 

Rona looked up and was surprised at the presence of Seokhoon. 

"Joo Seokhoon," Rona exclaimed. 

"Rona," Seokhoon spoke softly. He handed the chocolate milk to Rona. "Thought you might be thirsty. Here is your favourite drink." 

Rona looked at the box of chocolate milk, memories flooded back. 

How she had confessed her feelings for Seokhoon through a box of chocolate milk. How she had smiled for him, how she had her heart fluttered for him. 

Rona didn't know that Seokhoon still remembered the chocolate milk she had given to him. It had been ages ago and even she had forgotten about it. She had forgotten if Seokhoon ever drank the milk.