Chapter 13 - Astrid Finds Out

"LEAVING! We are leaving!" I suddenly hear from the other side of the cove. Ugh, what does ha want I was in the middle of my afternoon nap. I stretched as I continued listening to him complain. "Let's pack up! Looks like you and me are going,on a little vacation. Forever." Forever? What does he mean forever? Well, doesn't bother me I have to go wherever he goes now. After all he is technically my tail.

"Ah! What are you doing here?" I heard him yell. What am I doing here? What does he mean what am I doing here? I'm always here. I crept out from behind my rock but quickly moved back behind it when I saw an unexpected visitor.

"I wanna know what's going on." She said. It's that Astrid girl again. Ugh I hate her so much. What does she have against hiccup and me anyway? Oh wait, she's a dragon killer, that makes sense. "No one just gets as good as you do. Especially you!" She walked towards Hiccup who awkwardly stepped back every time she got closer. Oh I see what's happening here. Typical, he's got a crush on the girl. How can he possibly have a crush on her she looks like she's about to kill him! "Start talking! Are you training with someone?" She spat.

"Uh, t-training?"

"It better not involve this!" She grabbed him.

"I-I know this looks really bad but you see it's just- ugh!" He complained as she threw him to the ground. See, told you she was gonna kill him. Gees humans. I just don't understand. Oh no! She heard me. Now she's coming this way. Oh man, oh man, what do I do? "Okay, okay! I'm- I'm threw with the lies, I've been making outfits. So you got me! It's time everyone knew, drag me back, go ahead, here we go- AH! Why would you do that?!" She twisted his arm, throwing him back to the ground. Seriously Hiccup, you need to realise this girl is going to kill you!

"That's for the lies. And THATS!-" suddenly she dropped her axe on him. Gees this woman scares me. "-is for everything else!" Right, that was it. If she's gonna hurt Hiccup, she's gonna deal with me.

"Oh man." He groaned as I rushed out from behind my rock. I pounced on her as she threw Hiccup to the ground for now the third time!

"GET DOWN!" She yelled. "RUN! RUN!" She screamed as she went to throw her axe at me. I breathed in, ready to blast her but Hiccup pounced in between us, throwing her axe to the ground.

"You just scared him." Hiccup held me back. Don't home me back. LET ME AT HER! LET ME AT HER!

"I scared him?! Who is him?" Who am I? I'm the one who's gonna eat you woman.

"Astrid, Toothless. Toothless, Astrid." He's introducing us? Well, nice to meet you Astrid, which way do you like to be cooked? Fried or burnt? I hissed at her. She shook her head and mouthed 'your so busted'

"Da da da, we're dead." Hiccup said sarcastically. Well, my job here is done. I smiled to myself before turning to go back to my sleeping rock. "Woah, woah, woah, woah! Where do you think your going?" He called me back. I'm going to bed, where do you think I'm going? "You started this, your gonna end it." He ordered me as I turned around to face him.

"Grrrr." I complained back at him.

"Come on bud! That was like the first time she ever laid a finger on me and you ruined it." He sighed. Is he for real? If she was to lay another finger on him she would have killed him.

"Grrrr grrr grrrrawww graww grrr." I mocked him.

"Your getting her back here or she is going to tell the archipelago that I befriended a useless reptile!" He yelled at me.

"Grrr." I frowned at him.

"Come on!" He ordered as he got on my back and put my tail into gliding mode. I can't believe I'm going to get this woman back here.

~

"UAH! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! OH GREAT ODINS GOHST! Oh this is it! AHHHHHHHH!" She screamed as I picked her up, pulling her into the air. Way to be over dramatic Astrid, it's not like I'm gonna drop you....or am I? I dropped her in a tree as I landed on the top of it myself. You better appreciate this Hiccup, because there's nothing in it for me.

"HICCUP! Get me DOWN from here!" She screamed.

"You have to give me a chance to explain."

"I am not listening to ANYTHING you have to say!" She continued to yell.

"Then I won't speak! Just let me show you. Please Astrid." He begged her as she lifted herself onto the branch. Oh don't worry Hiccup, I'll show her alright. She hopped on my back.

"Okay, now get me down!" She ordered.

"Toothless down. Gently!" Hiccup ordered me. Oh I'll get her down alright. Just jot gently. "See there's nothing to be afraid of." He told her. Oh there definitely is now!

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" She screamed as I bolted to the sky, straight up.

"TOOTHLESS! What is wrong with you?! Bad dragon! Hehe, hehe, he's not usually like this- oh no." Hiccup tried to stop Astrid from panicking. I just smiled before I fell.

"AHHHHH!" She screamed as I landed into the sea, shooting out again and back in several times.

"Toothless what are you doing we need her to like us!" No Hiccup, you need her to like you. I started spinning. "And now the spinning... Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."

"Okay! I get it! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Just get me off of this thing." Astrid apologised. Finally an apology. People know I don't to anything until I get an apology. Now she can relax. I'll be nice now. "AH!" She screamed a final time as I began to glide. There was finally a moment of silence as I just glided for a while. I noticed Hiccup was enjoying himself so I continued gliding until the sun went down. We glided over Berk before I flew back towards the cove.

"Alright, I admit it, this is pretty cool. It's amazing get! He's amazing." She said as she patted me. Thank you! I know, I really am amazing. "So what now? Hiccup your final exam is tomorrow! You know your gonna have to kill..." I didn't get to hear the rest but I didn't care because I heard that noise. Oh no. I'm dead. So dead. So so so dead. It's the full moon night. The night the queen checks on how many dragons are still loyal. If I'm not there, she'll hunt me down. Her loud screech hit my ears. No one can hear it but the dragons.