Chapter 15 - An Unwanted Discovery

"AHHHHHHH!" I heard faintly. I knew that sound anywhere. I've heard it a thousand times whilst flying. Specifically the first fly with Hiccup. That one, that one the kid wouldn't stop screaming. I shot my head up, pricking my ears. Something wasn't right. No one screams like that for no reason. I heard it again. Another scream!

What am I going to do? What am I going to do? I can't fly! I can't get to him! I can't let him die! Not, not now! Right, that's, it! I frowned before pouncing to my feat. I ran up to the rock beside me, hitting the side as I bounced off it with my feet, trying to take into flight. I flew for but a second before I landed. I needed another way out! Flying clearly isn't the answer. I looked around until I saw the entrance Hiccup always comes in. I growled to myself before bolting over to it. Clawing at the wall frantically, I wasn't getting anywhere.

I jumped, clawing over and over and over. I finally reached the lip of the stone wall, digging my claws into them as the stone cracked away. I hoisted myself up, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I squeezed through the tight stone gap before shooting out the other side, scaring a few birds away. My feet carried me through the forest, passed fern after fern. I breathed heavily as I heard another scream, that was Astrid's. Oh hell no! I might not like her that much but no one touches her while I'm around!

I growled before leaping into the air, my wings carrying me a few metres before I bounced back to the ground, running as fast as I could. I could see Berk up ahead. I listened to see where the noise was coming from. I saw a gathering of Vikings not far away. That would be them. As I got closer I noticed it was the training centre! Oh well that explains everything. Well, there's one thing to tick off my bucket list, first dragon to ever enter a dragon killing centre voluntarily!

"This way!" I heard a man call as Astrid soon rushed out of the ring but then something shot at Hiccup as he had to make a sharp turn. As my eyes sight adjusted I realised Thorn had him pinned to the ground. So that's where he's been all this time! Thorn was captured by the Vikings too! Typical, does the nightmare ever listen to my instructions? I saw him about to make quick lunch of Hiccup.

"NO WAIT!" I screamed out as I got closer. Thorn pricked his head up as I inhaled deeply. A gasp came from everyone's before a fire bolt left my cheeks, piecing the cage as I shot through. I tucked my claws in, I don't really feel like hurting Thorn, he might make me lunch instead, nightmares are well known to be small dragon eaters. They are the only dragons to eat other dragons, other than the queen of course. I landed on him as we tumbled over. Smoke filled the centre as I sensed Hiccup roll away from the scene.

"Somebody get in there and help him!" I heard a Viking call from above. Suddenly I felt a slash across my face.

"ROAAAAAAAAWWRGGR!" Thorn roared at me.

"It's me you idiot!" I roared back.

"You! You left us to suffer and die! You left me here to be tortured by the Vikings." Thorn growled, pinning me to the ground as the smoke began to clear. I didn't leave him! What is he talking about? Once the smoke was cleared Thorn stopped and backed off of me.

"Phoenix?" He looked at me. "I thought you were Fireblaze." He apologised.

"He's dead! And so are all the other furies! I'm the last one!" I yelled, my anger got a bit out of control, I didn't want to be angry at him but he wasn't being very understanding right now.

"Toothless, go, get out of here!" Hiccup quickly ran up to me, trying to push me away. I growled at him, trying to get him to stand back so I could take anyone down who tried to touch him. "Go, go!" He tried again but I wasn't listening. I stopped listening from that point on. My one priority was to protect him.

I saw the large, red haired Viking running my way. He was clearly about to fight me so I got ready. Other Vikings tried to pin me down but I shook them off, tossing them away with my wings. I jumped, rolling and pinning the large man to the ground. I prepared a blast.

"Toothless stop! No! NOOO!" Hiccup stopped me as I coughed and stopped my blast. I looked at him next to me. He's never yelled at me before. Why is he so angry at me? What did I do? Something hard whacked my across my nose. Soon I was pinned to the ground and unable to move. Vikings twisted my back and pulled at my wings. "No! Please, just-just don't hurt him! Please don't hurt him." Hiccup tried to rush over to me but Astrid held him back. He wasn't even trying to pull the people off me. It was a trap! IT WAS ALL A TRAP??!?!!!?! He loured me like a sick puppy! Befriended me! Tricked me! All so he could get me here so the Vikings could torture me like Thorn!

My heart shattered into a billion pieces. I was betrayed.

"Put him with the others!" The large man ordered. I crooned, begging any kind soul to help me. "Get back to the hall, NOW!" The large me yelled at Hiccup as the kid stood there shaking in his boots.

"Hiccup, go." Astrid tired to get Hiccups attention as he stood there rather frozen, staring at the older man.

"You meet me there in five minutes or I swear to Thor you'll never see the sky again!" The large Viking looked Hiccup in the eye before pacing quickly out of the arena. As soon as he was out of sight, Hiccups legs shook before he collapsed. Astrid caught him and pulled him back to his feet. She hugged him as he sobbed into her shoulder. That was the last thing I saw before a large gate slammed in my face. Everything went dark. It was silent and cold. Nothing made a noise. All my senses were lost. That's when I realised, I wasn't alive...