Chapter 14 Sleigh Ride!

Wahoo! Welcome back! It's been awhile so let's just get back into things.

~~~~~~~~~~

Three children, the best of friends, the kind that would always have a love no matter how far apart they were. You were one of them, along with the infamous Cupid, with his red curls and freckled face, and Zera, a wild Afro-Latina with a knack for voodoo. All of you were united by one thing, being orphans in Santoff Clausen, a place of peace and creativity. Before you were sent away to live in human society, Yem, a women made from the waters of the Pacific and worshiped by the indigenous people of Western Africa and Brazil (look up Yemoja). She had chosen to teach the three of you all to know about magic and the history of Santoff Clausen.

That's what this dream was, another day outside going over a lesson, not a care in the world. When Yem had left, you and your friends ran into the woods where mischief was to be had. A game of hide and seek was tradition for you at that age with you always wanting to be the seeker. The chirping of birds and soft rays of sun would seize with the thud of footsteps encroaching. You turned, seeing a much taller and older boy standing over you, this was Damian. His eyes were always glowing red with the sadistic smirk, no matter how you saw or remembered him. Your little heart raced as you tried to run away from him, even if it was pointless, he would grab you and toss you around like a punching bag, Damian was the true evil in your life. After he was done, your friends would run to you making sure you weren't bruised too badly and return you to Yem.

Damian was cryptic, sneaking around Santoff  Clausen and causing trouble just for a laugh, he did this for years, his main target being you. There were times when you got older most adults would say he liked you, this never proved true until your last week in Santoff Clausen. Your dream continued.

"Come on I can't tease the young adventurer before she takes off into the human world?" Damian was following you.

You sighed, "try teasing the Great Bear, that would be more worth while to watch."

"Aw, and here I was hoping we could start being friends?"

"Hah! please," Zera walked out of the trees, "she is not wasting time with you, in whatever fantasy you think that could happen, no."

Damian hated Zera, mostly because she openly embarrassed him, proudly, "Zera, what a pleasure."

"Keep talking and you'll choke on a spider in your sleep, now shoo!" Zera dragged you away.

You smiled as she continued to rant about him.

~

The morning breeze felt heavenly as you sat in the window sill watching the warren. Some eggs had managed to climb up to you where you held them in your lap. Aster wasn't around and you were fine with that.

You missed them, Zera, Cupid, Yem, and Kathrine. You had questions for them and they probably have some for you, guess that's the fun in reuniting with family. You had to worry about them though, Pitch wasn't making any moves and has practically disappeared aside from the dream. If Pitch and Damian, even the reaper, have some correlation, Santoff Clausen would surely be in danger.

"Oi dove!" Aster called out to you somewhere in the house.

You left the bedroom checking the rooms down the hallway as you entered the front area. There was a commotion outside, it was yelling.

"I told ya no!"

"Come on Bunny, not even a little bit?" Jack was flying around.

Bunny was shouting at him and throwing his boomerangs at him while the other guardians groaned or laughed. Tooth was the first to notice you and zipped over to embrace you, she asked you some questions ensuring you were alright after staying with Aster.

North gestured to your attire, "well look who's been practicing! But it would look better in blue," he shushed the last bit with a wink.

"I heard that!" Aster held his arm out to catch a boomerang, "an' I thought red was your color-"

North interrupted him with a chuckle, "Bunny bunny, I was just making suggestion based on your favorite color with your favorite girl no?" Aster fumed as North walked passed him to the sleigh, causing the angry fur ball to hop after him.

You hadn't noticed the blush or smirk until Sandy hovered at eye level with you, looking from you to Bunny while pointing, "oh no, Sandy just no," Tooth giggled as you jogged down to the sleigh denying whatever the two were thinking.

You walked beside the reindeer petting them and letting them sniff and nudge you, "watch yourself dove!" Aster called to you.

You rolled your eyes, "I'm fine Aster."

~

Aster grunted at your response, "you see what I gotta put up with? She's got er ears painted on half the time an acts like a galah! How can both of ya sit there and say I like 'er?" Jack and North we're shits and giggles at this point.

Jack attempted to stifle his giggle fit, "but bunny you can't stop looking at her, and talking about her." Aster pinned his ears back.

North patted his shoulder, "you are funny Bunnymund, ha ha! I think you'll find she has taken over your mind and heart much more than you realize," North got in the sleigh.

Aster reluctantly got in sitting in the bottom row, he never really got over his fear. Everyone quickly piled in with you sitting on the top row with Jack.

"Are we ready!" North bellowed as he grabbed the reigns.

You squealed in approval grabbing onto Jack. There was the whip of the reigns and then take off. The sleigh gradually rose out of the warren allowing you to absorb the view. Soon you were high in the sky, the wind whipping your hair around with your eyes darting in every possible direction.

Jack nudged you, "you remember Bunny hates this thing right?" You nodded glancing down to see him and Tooth talking, "what if we..." Jack whispered in your ear.

"Can I jump?" You yelled to North.

Aster immediately stood up but clutched the railing, "like bloody 'ell imma let you jump!"

Jack was flying beside the sleigh, "aw come on Bunny, I've got her."

Everyone but Aster nodded considering literally everyone had some way of saving you, "here I go!"

At first you didn't know you were falling but your heart sped up making you slightly panic, "(y/n)! Hold your arms out!" You did as Jack said, "I've got you, see!" He grabbed your wrist and started flying you around, keeping you close to the sleigh.

The both of you flew around for awhile, he let you go once you got comfortable and now you were spinning around. When you were done, Jack helped you fly back onto the sleigh. You reached your hand out for someone to help you, looking directly at Aster. He looked at you like you were crazy before reaching for you and pulling you onto the sleigh with one arm wrapped around your waist to help with balance.

You leaned into him, your dizziness and racing heart had you totally flipped around, "see Bun, I'm fine." You smiled at him between deep breaths.

Tooth and Sandy clapped for you as North laughed, you did a small bow.

You sat, "as amazing as that was, i don't think that'll be happening again."

North looked back at you, "why do you think I chose a sleigh hm? After all, it is epic!"

With the snap of the reigns the sleigh dipped down into familiar thick pine trees and mountains, it felt like a roller coaster. Aster clung to the sleigh, his claws dug into the wood which made you feel bad for him, the sleigh wasn't the safest thing in the world after all. Some tight twists and turns made you slide closer to him so you clung to him more out of excitement than fear. North suddenly jerked the sleigh higher out of the trees, black objects were flying by, nightmares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oooooh thought some fun teasing was appropriate for this chapter, I hope you all enjoyed it! Ba-bye!