Evolution

Ah, found the time to finish this chapter. I'm not writing as much as I want to anymore which is quite sad, but there's not much I can do about it. I would love to spend everyday writing, but I guess I have responsibilities, why can't I be a kid anymore and write all day :( Why must I be old? Anyway, I've been getting a little bit busy. I started streaming occasionally, still don't totally know what I'm gonna do there, but I've got some friends I'll be doing it with from time to time. Anyway, hope you like this chapter!

🏐🏐🏐

"LOOKS LIKE THE KING HAS COME BACK to occupy his throne," Sakura hummed in thought. It didn't surprise her that he was put back in eventually. Suga had been a good substitute for Kageyama for a while, by shaking things up against Aoba Johsai and giving each boy some encouragement. Though now that Karasuno was able to have somewhat of a lead, it was time to put that quick freak back into motion.

She really hoped that Kageyama was calmer now. If he had just been benched and brought back onto the court but still hadn't gotten his control back, then what's the point. Her sharp brown eyes surveyed him. Sakura could tell the mood change in him. There was something that had clicked in him after his break on the bench. So perhaps he was calm now. Though even she could spy that creepy smile he had spread on his face, and it certainly was unsettling.

On the sidelines, after Endo finished praising Suga and patting him on the back, the first-years stared at their senpai in admiration. More specifically Yamaguchi did since Tsukishima could care less.

"Don't look so amazed," Suga chuckled lightly at the stares, "I was pretty nervous."

"Really?" Yamaguchi asked in surprise. It didn't seem like he was that nervous to play, nor should he have been. He's a third-year, he must have played plenty of games like this to not be nervous.

"Of course, there were third-years that played at last year's Inter-High, so I wasn't able to play in a lot of official matches." He then smiled ruefully, "I hate to say it, but it's likely that Kageyama's had his feet on the court more than I have."

It's quite a disheartening fact. Suga had been on this team for three years, never got to have the starting position due to being an underclassman. Now, the moment that he is the senior player, a first-year keeps him in the same position. Endo could tell that Suga might be a bit bitter about it since he knew how hard Suga worked to get to this point. He had forged his spot onto the team ever since their first year together. Though he has a feeling that Suga was willing to let it happen. Their dream was to get to national, and if stepping to the side to let Kageyama stay on the court longer gave them that opportunity, Endo isn't surprised that Suga would let it happen. He also finds it quite admirable. To be honest, if it were Endo, he would be petty as hell because of it. Though that was just him.

Tsukishima then spoke up, "Despite that, Kageyama was freaking out quite a bit." They all looked over to the first-year setter, "Speaking of, the King's going right into a serve. Do you think he'll be all right?" The group turned to watch as the setter got ready for his first serve back onto the court.

"He'll be fine!" Endo shrugged his shoulders. "Did you see that look on his face? Looked like he was all serious and giddy to be back on the court." He did his best to mimic the look on Kageyama's face, though they just thought he looked constipation. Which either means Endo was doing a bad job of imitating Kageyama or Kageyama just looked constipated. Who knows.

Suga agreed, "Kageyama looks pretty happy."

Yamaguchi nodded, "Yeah."

"It sort of puts me at ease," The upperclassman smiled.