The Point that Changes the Momentum

I honestly have no idea why this chapter took so long to finish. It was probably just because I had a massive case of writers block. Or I've just been too obsessed with Stranger Things 4, Kenobi, and Ms. Marvel to continue writing lmao I mean they're all pretty good! I won't say anything about them obviously, I'd hate to spoil stuff if anyone hasn't seen them. But like... they're awesome! Um, so I hope you like this chapter!

🏐🏐🏐

EVERYONE COULD TELL THAT NEITHER KARASUNO NOR Seijoh was going to give up in any way during this last set. They were all fired up since this was the match that would decide just who was going to move on. Any little mistake that was made by the teams could be crucial in their loss.

In the stands, Sakura was thoroughly invested in this game. More invested than she might admit. Sure, she was paying attention to the game for her brother's sake. However, now things were getting far too interesting for her to look away even for a moment. Her brown eyes were bouncing back and forth while watching them. Before she was focused on Shōyō, but now she was pinpointing where the ball was going at all times.

Shimada sighed, "This rally is going on forever."

"Overall, Seijoh's better at everything, but..." Takinoue said as they watched Nishinoya save the ball, "...their libero has far better defensive skills."

Each of these team's tenacity to win just this rally was tiring to watch. Sakura was nowhere near playing and she even felt fatigued by all of this. Though she was getting plenty of perfect photos of this match. The intensity in the eyes of the boys was portrayed perfectly as well as the desperation every time they fought for each and every point.

While each team fought valiantly during this one rally, thanks to Seijoh's libero setting for Oikawa, they were able to get a point. The score was then made to be 8-10 with Karasuno behind.

Sakura's eyes widened at the play, "their libero was a setter?" A play like that is quite impressive, and not really seen in high school games. Those types of plays are usually saved for the big leagues. Just goes to show how advanced Seijoh is as a team.

The next rally was played with Oikawa serving it once again. It was received by Daichi who sent it to Kageyama to set it to Asahi. Though even if the ace did his best to spike it over, it was saved. The ball was heading back over the net after Hanimaki saved it, though before the ball could get over the net, Oikawa was there to save it and set it to Iwazumi. Aoba Johsai was about to get another point that way. So a timeout was called by Karasuno to slow the game down a bit.

The crows all grouped together, eager to hear what their coach had to say about the game. "All right! You're all fighting well!" Ukai exclaimed, "Keep cool!"

All the boys nodded their heads, "Right!"

"It looks like they're getting used to attacks that cut into the middle, so use the sides of the court as much as you can!"

"Right!"

Endo glanced over at Seijoh as they were in their own huddle. Oikawa was talking to his team, no doubt giving them his own encouraging words while bragging in some way. If there was one thing that Endo admired Oiakwa about, it was his way with words. Endo knew that sometimes Oikawa could make the most vile words sound like honey to anyone. He just hoped that today would be the day he could see that smirk wiped off his face because of his team.

"Let's go!" Ukai broke him out of his thoughts.

All the boys nodded, "Right!"

So they dispersed and headed to their spots again. Endo waltzed back over to his spot to the sideline with the rest of the bench-warmers, clapping as his friends jogged back onto the court. To be honest, Endo wasn't sure whether or not he actually liked being on the sideline. He is athletic, but he's also not the type of person to constantly want to be playing sports or partaking in a physical activity. He's not lazy... he just doesn't like to sweat all that much. After all, sweating just messes up his hair. So he's glad to see that he still had a front row seat to Oikawa's possible downfall today on the court. Oh, it was quite delightful. Sure, it would be quite fulfilling to see Oiakwa knocked down a peg, though Endo would be quite proud to say that his friends and teammates were the ones to do it!