A Coward's Anxiety

A/N: I'm proud of myself for getting this done! Not only that but I aced two exams this week already! WOOHOO! Only one more to do tomorrow and it's time for me to relax. Hope this chapter is good!

🏐🏐🏐

THE FIRST SET OF THE GAME WAS coming to an end. Kageyama and Shōyō's team was quickly closing the gap between points. The air in the gym was starting to get thick with inspiration after watching this game. Overall, even if things may not be going well for one team, they were still all allies here. Some of the revelations that are being made, especially that quick that Hinata and Kageyama can pull off, things were going to start looking up for the Karasuno team. With a first-year who could very well be the next Tiny Giant, a prodigal setter, and a giant blond, the first-years were stacking up to have quite a lot of potential. Their three-on-three game was displaying exactly how well these boys worked together and their own individual strengths.

Sakura, continuing to take some pictures if she felt like it, watched the game with a critical eye. Now, she isn't a sporty person, actually, she just about hated any and all physical activity, but she knew things about volleyball. Thanks to her brother. Before she had seen any of the boys play, she had a feeling that they had at least some skill. The older members were pretty good in their own rights, though these first-years were on a bit of a different level. Shōyō and Kageyama's combo attack was so amazing, for one thing. If they were to perfect it, then Karasuno would have quite the weapon for their games. Though what did she know? She wasn't a volleyball player, just a photographer.

"Wow..." Suga sighed out in wonder with his brown eyes wide. He stood beside Endo and Ennoshita by the scoreboard who were just as in amazement as the vice-captain. On the other side, Kinoshita also stood in astonishment of the newest club members with Sakura seated by his feet, idly watching the game in seeming indifference now. The shock of seeing the quick attack from her brother and the king had worn off just a little bit by now. Especially after seeing them mess it up a few times, which she found to be quite funny.

"They did it again!" Ennoshita exclaimed.

"They turned it around," Kinoshita said in awe as he fixed the scoreboard so it was in team Kagehina's favor. "One more point and they'll take the first set."

The third-year vice-captain nodded his head in thought, "His timings better, it's improving by the second, impressive."

"I never had any doubt in those two weirdos!" Endo laughed joyfully with a toothy smile which earned some deadpanned looks from the other second-years, Suga, and Sakura.

Kageyama then went to set up another spike that had gone to Tanaka instead, effectively tricking the other team's blockers. The first set then ended with Kagehina winning 25-23.

"Yikes, he better keep a close eye on Tanaka too," Ennoshita sweatdropped at Tanaka's shouts. Why was he on a team with idiots like this?

With the first set finally over with, each team of three was ready to have a short water break before they started the next one. Though, Tanaka certainly was going to use this time to boast about his win. He had already taken off his shirt in celebration and began to taunt Tsukishima, "How do you like me now, Tsukishima! Weren't you going to crush me and Hinata-kun?"

Hinata jumped along with him in the back like an excited puppy, "Yeah! Yeah!"

"Try it if you can!"

"If you can!" the orange-haired boy echoed.

Suga broke Tanaka out of his shouts, however. "Why are you bragging the most, Tanaka?"

"Exactly," Ennoshita agreed, "without the first-years, you never would have made that hit."