Future King

Another update let's goooooo!! This chapter is a bit short, but it's an original one and very, very angsty. Or at least I tried to make it angsty lol Hope ya'll like it.

🏐🏐🏐

JOJI ISN'T SURE HOW THE NEWS WAS going to go over well with his parents. Though no matter what they say, more like his father, he was going to go. It's his final year at Karasuno, he's going to do everything exciting with his friends. A Tokyo training camp? Yea, it will probably be tiring, but it's an experience that Joji is more than happy with going through with his friends.

He has been to Tokyo plenty of times. Though to stay for a volleyball training camp was new. Not only that but the schools that he had heard from coach Ukai were some that he hadn't heard of before. He couldn't wait to see what kinds of guys went to those schools. After all, he quite liked Nekoma, who's to say he won't like Fukurōdani or Shinzen. The only downside would be that he couldn't go around Tokyo and hang out there. What a bummer.

Getting home, his mother greeted him warmly and inquired about his day. They talked for a while over some tea before he went to his room to get some homework done. As he wrote out some of his math homework, his knee bounced under his desk. Joji might not admit it out loud but he was nervous. Talking to his family about the things he wants to do was always a toss up of emotions for him. On one hand, he was confident enough to do what he wanted, and wouldn't be convinced to not do it. However, he was also insecure about what they would think about what he wanted. Things had been chosen for him for so long and making the decision for himself was usually a toss up. It wasn't until recently that he was allowed to make them for himself. Even then he doesn't do anything too drastic, really just staying in the volleyball club and going to Karasuno were the biggest ones that he had made. Perhaps he wasn't given the chance to do it, but he didn't make too many.

Soon enough, Joji found himself at the dining room table starting to eat his meal. As usual the dinner was more or less silent. Every once and a while, Eliza would attempt to make small talk but it never really led anywhere. Joji's stomach was tied in a tight knot as he thought over how he was going to say that he was going to the camp. His mother would most likely be supportive to an extent, of course unless his father convinced her otherwise. Joji loves his mother dearly, but she can bend quite easily to the things her father wants. She could be far too passive when up against her father, in Joji's opinion.

The tense atmosphere wasn't helping Joji with his plan to explain the camp to them. It really would only help contribute to his father's disagreement to the idea. He knew that his father would not approve of the trip, but it wasn't like Joji cared that he already knew what his father thought. The only way that he was going to get through this night was getting straight to the point. After all, even if Joji was going to make his own decision no matter what his father said, he still was allowed to know Joji's plans.

"The team is heading to a training camp in Tokyo soon," Endo started to say while munching on some dinner. His mother had made a wonderfully delicious plate of salmon for them tonight, and Joji loved it. Well, he loved anything that his mother cooked or baked, since she's quite an artist in the kitchen, not just with her own art.

Eliza turned to him with a sweet smile, "Oh, really? That sounds like fun! They've never done a training camp that far away."

Joji smiled at that, "everyone is really excited about it."

Though through their happy moment, Hideaki himself had to cut through it with a knife. "I'm suspecting that you wish to go." The room became chilly as they continued to eat. Eliza did her best to ignore the feeling that was wafting around the room, but that was hard with Joji starting to match the chilled atmosphere with his own slowly growing anger.