Greed

Woo! Another chapter :)

🏐🏐🏐

ENDO'S ARMS WERE CROSSED OVER HIS CHEST as he stood with the rest of his team. After waking up and eating a hearty breakfast, they had made quick work of getting into the gym to start their warm ups. They wanted to get started with their practice games as soon as they could. He was still quite tired even after having Nishinoya yelling in his ears to get up. He had stayed up a bit later than the other boys, for no reason in particular. Endo just couldn't sleep. Though he had to do his best to wake up with how hyped his teammates were to redeem themselves after the abysmal games that they had the day before. God, what he wouldn't do for a coffee right now.

"Gather round!" Ukai called out to the team, "Our first game today is with Nekoma. How did we do yesterday?"

Kiyoko looked down at her notebook, "This will be our third set overall with Nekoma. Yesterday, we played two sets with them. The scores were 17-25 and 19-25, both our losses." Some of the boys cringed at the reminder of the losses and the soreness after having to do the penalty. Most of them still had sore arms from it, which Endo was certainly the loudest complainer about it.

Ukai nodded, "Simply put, we haven't won a single set. But if we calm down and go out there in full force, Hinata and Kageyama, this is your first Nekoma set in a while, isn't it? Go show 'em what you've got."

The two nodded their heads, "Right!"

So the boys got onto the court and were ready to play the first game of the day. They could only hope that they could have a few breakthroughs today against the cats. It would certainly help their morale while also giving them the motivation that they would need to push forward. Only time would tell, at the moment.

Meanwhile, Sakura shuffled through the hallway towards the room that the coaches and teachers had been using to sleep. Ukai had told her that Tanaka's older sister had maybe drank a bit too much last night and would need someone to wake her up. Least she ends up sleeping most of the day away. Sakura knew that she didn't have anything else to do, so she agreed to do it.

Perhaps there was a part of her that agreed so she would have a reason to avoid being on the court for some time. It just meant that she prolonged running into the captain of the owls. After last night, Sakura wasn't sure if she wanted to have another run in with Bokuto. Or even any of the other boys from Fukurōdani. She had the feeling that he went blabbering to his teammates about her and her history with Sato. What she wants to avoid as much as possible is them questioning her about anything surrounding that guy. Though she brushed it off, there wasn't any need to think about it right now.

Sakura came into the room to see that the older woman was barely awake. She was holding her head, certainly working through the beginnings of a hangover. Sakura blinked at her, "Good morning, Tanaka-san."

"Eh?" Saeko blinked lazily as she tried to come into complete consciousness. After having drank too much with the teachers last night, it was obvious that she would have a bit of trouble getting herself ready. She turned to see that little giant wanna-be that she drove up yesterday. Though as her eyes finally adjusted, she saw the bored expression on the girl's face and realized... this wasn't that little shrimp.

"Ukai wanted me to make sure you were awake." Sakura explained, her arms now crossed over her chest.

Saeko still stared at her a bit confused, "you're that kid's sister, right?"

"Yes."

She tilted her head, "I was expecting you to look a bit... different."

Sakura's eyebrows furrowed, "We are twins, identical twins."