11. "What is going on with me?"

I awake because there's a knock on my apartment door. I stretch out, stand up and make my way to the door. But not before checking the time. I can see the light from my alarm clock and take a peek at the time. 8 am? Why would someone knock on my door at 8 in the morning, though?

I open the door and Nat immediately walks inside.

''Hi.'' I say sleepily.

''Good morning, sweetheart!'' she beams.

''What are you all giddy about?''

''The better question is.. why are you not giddy?'' she responds.

What. Is. She. Talking. About.

I stare at her, confused. Until I realize. Nat laughs.

I give her a puzzled look.

''Sorry.'' She says. ''It was just really funny seeing your face go from confused to remembering.''

I giggle.

''So........ tell me all about it.'' she hums.

I wonder if she's talking about the same thing as me. Probably not. I was thinking about Justin and me. Oh God, he asked me out and I said yes. Shit, the date is today. I need Nat's help.

I look at Nat, again confused. ''Wait, what are you talking about? You couldn't possible be talking about....''

I go silent, and Nat takes the opportunity to complete my sentence. ''Justin asking you out? Yes, I am. Now, are you going to give me details or no?'' She softly smiles.

''But how do you know?''

''Justin told me before he was gonna ask you out if I would be okay with it. He's so weird, I swear. It's not like I have any control in the situation. I'm not your-'' she immediately stops talking and her eyes widen.

''my mom? yeah, I know Nat. It's okay.'' I respond.

She looks at me with a worried look. ''What?''

''I'm okay at the moment. Can't really explain it, but I haven't really been feeling as sad and depressed as I used to.''

''IT'S JUSTIN, ISN'T IT.'' she nearly screams. I blush and she continues. ''IT IS, OH MY GOOOOD.'' she screams. ''So you are gonna go on the date with him, then?''

I nod. ''Good. Let's find you an outfit. Wanna go to the mall?''

I look at her warily. ''Um Nat, I'd rather not.''

''Oh sorry, I forgot for a moment. Gosh, I'm so stupid. It's just so much nicer to see a smile on your face, Ash. It makes me forget everything, you know?''

''I get it, Nat.'' my face falls. ''But what am I supposed to do, though? I don't have any nice outfit. And I'm kinda scared to go out of my apartment tonight. SHiiiit.'' I respond, dragging out the last word.

Nathalia grabs my hand and squeezes it. ''You're gonna be fine, Ash. Justin'll get you through it.'' she winks.

I blush and giggle and make my way to my closet, taking a peek inside and grabbing possible outfits. What is going on with me?

Black jeans with a blouse? No.

Leggings with a sweater? No.

Sweatpants? No.

Crazy old t-shirt? No.

''Nathaliaaaaaaa.'' I wine. ''I don't have anything to wear.''

She laughs and then walks into the hallway. A couple of seconds later she walks in with a bag.

''Good thing I brought this, then.'' she smiles.

I perk up my eyebrows and look at her. ''What did you do, Nat?'' I warn.

''I thought you going on a date was a good enough excuse to grab some of my clothing and bring it here. I know you'd rather not, but I promise you there's some really cute stuff in here. You could have it, because I never wear any of this, anyways. See, I bought all of this some time ago, but I never got to wear them and...''

''And what?''

''Well, I won't get to wear them any time soon, so you can have them.''

''What do you mean, you won't get to wear them soon?'' my eyes widen.

''Um, Ash, I'm not supposed to tell you yet. Your brother is supposed to be here. Shit.'' she curses but smiles at me anyways.

''NATHALIA!'' I scream in happiness. ''ARE YOU SAYING WHAT I THINK YOU ARE SAYING?''

She giggles. ''I'm pregnant, Ash.''

I look at her in astonishment, before I run towards her and overwhelm her a bit with a huge bear hug. I pull away and smile at her.

''Oh my god, I'm so happy for you Nat! You're gonna be a mom. And I'm gonna be an auntie!''

I hug her again and Nat laughs. I love kids. This is amazing.

-----

Mike came by around lunch time and I've been talking with him and Nat about their future child and my future nephew or niece for quite a while now. I'm still overwhelmed by the amazing news. My brother is gonna be a dad! To the most beautiful little baby, carried by the sweetest woman in the world.

''Ashley, don't you think we should be finding you an outfit?'' Nat asks.

I check the time and jump up. ''Shit, I only have two hours until he comes to pick me up!'' I yell.

I look at Nat. ''Please, can you help me?''

She smiles. ''Of course I'll help you, silly. Let's take a look at some of the clothing, yeah.''

Mike speaks up. ''Uh, yeah, you do all that girl stuff, do you mind if I go home then?''

We laugh and wave goodbye, and then Nathalia grabs all the outfits she brought and holds them up one by one.

Of course it's as cliché as can be and only the last outfit I find perfect. It's a black dress, not too tight, not too flowy. It's perfect. I put it on and look at myself in the mirror.

''It's been really long since I've felt this way.'' I whisper. ''I don't remember ever feeling this way, actually.''

Nathalia smiles. ''You look so gorgeous, Ashley! Do you want to wear makeup or?''

I look at her. ''Of course I want to wear makeup. I'm not quite ready not to wear makeup.''

She assists me. We decide to do a smoky eye, but with really natural colours. Nat adds some red lipstick and she looks at me. ''You look so pretty, but I think the look would not be finished without some winged liner, what do you think?''

I nod and add some eyeliner. I continue my getting ready by choosing jewelry and pulling my hair into a pony tail.

The last thing I do before there's a knock on my door is spray on some perfume. And then it's time. Time for my very first date. My date with Justin.