9. "That's what they all say."

[a/n] Here's the second part of the double update whooo!
------------------------

''Hi! Sorry I'm late!'' Justin opens the door. It's currently 8 pm, so he's an hour late. We've already started watching a movie.

''That's okay, we've already started a movie, though.'' I say. ''Hope you don't mind.''

He puts away his jacket and plops down on the sofa, just a few inches away from where I'm sitting.

''Hi.'' he smiles at me.

''Hi.'' I smile back.

I can feel Nat's eyes burning in the back of my head, so I quickly look at the television screen again.

''What movie are we watching?'' Justin asks.

I whisper an answer. ''Bruce Almighty. It's one of my faves.''

I can see him smiling at me from the corner of my eye. And I can't help but smile myself.

Nat pokes me and points at her phone. I check my phone and see a message from her.

From: NathaliaWhat are you smiling about? ;)

I can't help but giggle. I can feel three pairs of eyes on me and blush. ''Sorry.''

Nathalia laughs and I text her back.

To: NathaliaNothing really.

From: NathaliaThat's what they all say.

To: NathaliaWe're watching a comedy movie. It's funny. :)

From: NathaliaMhmmmmmmmm. ;)

To: NathaliaShush, I'm trying to watch the movie.

When I'm about to put my phone away, I see another message on my screen. But it's not from Nat.

From: anonymousI know where you live, darling.

My eyes widen. What. Who is this? Please tell me it's not Trent.

From: JustinWhy are you on your phone and not watching the movie?

To: JustinUm. I just got an anonymous text. Don't say anything to Mike & Nat, please.

From: JustinWhat did it say? and why?

To: Justin

''I know where you live, darling.''

To: JustinI don't want them to worry.

From: JustinMaybe it's just someone pranking you.

To: JustinIt's not. Mike & Nat would never do such a thing. It must be Trent.....

From: JustinHow do you know?

To: JustinThe 'darling' at the end gave it away. He always calls me that.

Laughter. I look up and see Mike & Nat laughing at the tv. Oh crap, I forgot we were watching a comedy movie. I act as if I knew something funny just happened and faked a laugh.

Nat looks at me oddly but decides to leave me be. I look at Justin and he shrugs.

I see Nat cuddling closer to Mike and suddenly I feel awkward sitting away from Justin.

From: JustinLet's just watch the movie and talk about this later. You're gonna be fine. You're safe with me. :)

Justin grabs my arm and pulls me towards him. I snuggle closer to him and decide to forget about the text for a second. Let's watch this movie.

....

The movie has ended and Mike's won a game of Monopoly. Mike & Nat have just left and I'm alone with Justin. He sits down next to me on the sofa and hands me a glass of water, before he strokes some loose strands of hair from my face.

''You're okay.'' he says.

''No one can harm you as long as you're inside or with me. I won't let him hurt you.''

Before I can reply, Justin slowly moves towards me. Our lips touch and my hands tangle in his perfect hair.

After about a minute, he pulls away, both of us needing the air.

''I wanna ask you something.'' Justin says.

I hum, awaiting his question.

He bites his lip, before continuing. ''Would you go on a date with me?''

I look up at him in surprise.

''What?''

''Would you go on a date with me, Ash?'' he repeats, with a soft smile.

''Mhm, so far for 'just a kiss'.'' I hum.

He laughs. ''I just said that because I didn't want Nat to bother us, didn't particularly mean it.''

I giggle and blush. ''Please don't take this wrong, but can I think about it? I mean, I'd love to, but...''

''I understand.'' he nods. ''Take your time. Let me know when you know the answer, babe.''

He kisses me once more, before he leaves my apartment to go home.

What do I do now?