21. "I was talking about you, baby."

[a/n] hi guysssss

sorry for not updating sooner, but I'm on holiday in France and I barely have wifi here. Sowwy!

I'll make it up to you some time, promise!

Idk when I'll update again, bc I don't know when my wifi will be good enough to update again... But it won't be longer than nine days, okay?

Anyways, here's a lil somethin somethin to read whilst I'm in France laying in the sun BYE BITCHES. jk (rowling).

Thanks for reading, dolls.

Love, Lisa

As I put away the last bits and bobs around my apartment, the door opens and Justin enters. He looks amazing. He's wearing an all-black outfit - black jeans and a black shirt. His sneakers are colourful, though, which makes him look amazing. Wow. I have to remind myself to continue breathing.

He walks towards me and wraps his arms around me. ''Hi, baby.'' he whispers and kisses the top of my head. I nearly start to shake from his adoring actions. Gosh, he changes me into a puddle every time.

''Hey.'' I smile and pull back from the comfortable embrace.

''How are you?'' I smile.

He sighs. ''I've been looking forward to tonight, today was a bore.'' he laughs.

''How was the appointment with Mrs. Young?''

Aw, he remembered? I love how he really listens to what I tell him.

''It was good.'' I smile. If only he knew how good. But he would soon find out anyways.

''Good.'' he flashes me a smile and grabs my hand to pull me towards the sofa, where I had already layed out everything we could ever need tonight - drinks, snacks, a blanket and a couple of DVD options.

He smiles at the sight. ''Very cute.'' he laughs.

I giggle and squeeze his hand, which is still quite a big deal for me. But I did it anyway. I mentally pad myself on the back. I'm doing so much better, heh.

Justin sits down and pulls me down on his lap. ''So what movie do you wanna watch?'' His hands travel to my waist and he squeezes, which makes me gasp. I soon recover and blush.

''I don't really mind, you can choose, I love all of these movies.'' I smile. He smiles back at me and looks at the movies.

''Let's see - One Day.. Shrek.. Definitely, Maybe.. Ah, let's watch Forrest Gump. I love that one the most.'' he smiles at me.

''Okay.'' I move to stand up but his hands are still firmly placed on my waist.

''No, don't stand up just yet.'' he whispers.

I smile but scold him anyways. ''We can't watch the movie if I don't stand up, babe.''

''Babe.'' he repeats me and my cheeks heat, I'm sure they're bright pink.

''I like it.'' he states and smiles.

I giggle and push myself off of his lap to pop the movie in the dvd player. Once I click play and the movie starts, I find my way back to the sofa.

I sit down next to Justin and he immediately pulls me closer to him, snuggling me against his side. With his free arm, he grabs the neatly folded blanket and throws it over us.

''Perfect.'' he whispers, and I lean into his side even more. I hum in agreement.

''I was talking about you, baby.'' he smiles softly as I look into his eyes. I blush and shake my head.

''Such a charmer.'' I smile and peck his lips. Once I pull away he whines and pushes his lips against mine again.

After a couple of minutes of our makeup session, I have to pull away to catch my breath. I smile at him and he smiles fondly back at me. What is this?

We watch the movie, but I can't help but sometimes think about the position I'm in. I'm cuddled up to Justin's side, we're both under the same blanket and Justin is holding me with both his arms, as if he's afraid to let go. It's the best place I could be in right now, honestly. I feel safe and warm and cared for.

''Run, Forrest, run!'' both Justin and I yell. We both laugh at our geekiness and Justin pauses the movie.

I give him a puzzled look but he just smiles at me.

''Ash, I wanna talk to you for a sec.'' Oh fuck, please tell me it's nothing serious. Please tell me it's nothing bad. I was having such a good time, I silently plead.

''Ohhhhkay.'' I mumble.

''Don't worry, it's nothing bad. I hope.'' he tries to assure me.

''You hope?''

''Yeah, well, it kinda depends on how you look at it. If you feel the same, then, well, it's a good thing. If not, then it's gonna be awkward.''

''Wait.'' I tell him. He looks at me, confused, but waits.

''Can I go first?'' I ask him. He nods hesitantly and I continue.

''I don't know if you were gonna say what I'm about to say. But if you were, I have to beat you to it, because I have to push myself. I have to put myself out there and I have to step out of my comfort zone. At least, that's what Mrs. Young encourages me to do.''

Justin gives me a small nod to tell me it's okay and I take a deep breath.

''What I'm about to tell you might sound completely insane, but I have to tell you anyways. Since you've stepped into my life, I've been smiling and laughing a lot more and Nat, Mike and my counsellor have all noticed my change. But ultimately, I've noticed. I've noticed the way you've changed my life. You've changed me a lot. Not personality wise, but like the way I look at life and at the world. Even though I've only known you for a week, I've been a lot happier. Truly happy, not a happy I used to fake. And I just want to thank you for that.''

''You don't have to -''

I shush him by holding my hand up.

''One more sec.'' I tell him. ''I just wanna say, you make me happy and I think -''

''I think I am falling in love with you.'' I breathe out and stare at the space between us.

Justin tilts my chin up with his hand and I look at him. Our eyes meet and Justin smiles softly at me.

''That was really brave, Ash.''

I blink at him, my eyes still locked on his.

''And you know what? It's not crazy. Well, maybe it is. But I feel the same way. You make me happy too. And I am pretty sure I'm falling for you, beautiful.''

My heart flutters as he closes the space between us and kisses me passionately. Justin bites down on my bottom lip softly and I gasp, giving him exactly what he wants. Our tongues soon entangle and fight for dominance. My hands grip the ends of his hair and his hands are on my waist, but slowly move upwards, pulling me against his body. He holds me tight and keeps kissing me, and I don't mind one bit. My hands roam his back and I pull away to catch my breath. The second I breathe in, I attack his mouth with mine again. I can't get enough of him. Of this. Of us.