[07]

Evening eventually came, everyone helped to set the dining table and you were more than happy to help because breakfast, lunch and dinner are your favorite part of the day.

Food. Food. Food. Fooood. You mused in your mind while placing down the plates on the wooden table.

You walked out of the kitchen and stretched, you were about to cover yourself with another air but stopped when you saw a figure looming over the corner, two pair of glowing green eyes staring at you.

"Uhh.. Hija?" You perked up upon hearing Bruno's voice, the tension that surrounded you vanished immediately.

You tilted your head, silently questioning him on what he wants from you because he gave you a fright just by staring at you, stalking you.

Bruno chuckled awkwardly, he stepped out of the corner and gave you a green ruana along with a rat plushie, "I heard you and your little sisters before they left.."

You stayed quiet and took the items from his hand, "Jasmine and I made the rat plushie for the whole night before I told her to go to sleep.. They had to leave the next day so I continued sewing it until it's finished."

Your heart filled with another fuzzy feeling, your eyes flickered towards the old man standing awkwardly infront of you before looking back at the plushie in your hand.

Without a word, you tackled the man in a tight hug.

"O-oh.." Bruno did NOT expect for you to give him an embrace, you looked really stoic and always wear an expressionless mask so the sudden hug completely startled him, but nonetheless.. He hugged back.

A giggle can be heard from behind you, Bruno blinked while staring back at the loving gaze of his second oldest sister standing in the doorway of the kitchen.

"[Name] is such a sweetheart, isn't she?" Pepa cooed, pulling you away from the man and wrapping her arms around your body.

The cloud above her head released snow and you loved the feeling of it everytime it drop on your exposed skin.

"Heheh.. She sure is." Bruno agreed, another awkward yet seemingly genuine smile on his smile as he stared at you and Pepa embracing each other.

After a while, the two older Madrigals guide you through the kitchenette. The two of them telling you stories about their youthful days.

You wore the green ruana from the youngest triplet, loving the comfort that the fabric gave you.

"There you are, mi vida!" Felix exclaimed happily, his eyes sparkling at the sight of his wife.

Pepa looked at her husband and scoffed, her hand gripping your hand as the snow that fell piled on her head and shoulders.

"I'm busy talking to my future daughter-in-law, Felix so of course I'll be here." The woman huffed.

"Ay! Why are you getting annoyed for? Come come." Felix ushered towards his wife and pulled her hand away from yours, the man gently caressed his wife's arm making her smile.

He turned his attention to you, his smile wide while grasping his wife's waist with one arm.

"Thank you for taking care of mi vida earlier, [name]." The man stated fondly before walking away from you, pulling his wife with him.

They're the ideal couple. You mused, heart feeling warm and fuzzy again before you turned to the older man beside you.

"Let's take a seat, Tio Bruno." You murmured and pulled on his green ruana.

The man stiffened, his eyes widening at the name you called him then an erratic smile broke into his features before following you happily to your seat.

He gladly took the spot beside you which was usually Camilo's seat. He seem to forgot that his nephew was supposed to be right next to you but the happy expression on his face stopped the others from pointing out so they let him be.

Although a certain shapeshifter didn't like that his uncle is getting comfortable on his seat while he had to take another vacant spot for him to seat on.

he also didnt like the fact that his uncle is happily rambling about the things that he doesn't seem quite to catch but based on your eyes that glint with curiosity. It must've been a goddamn interesting topic which only made him scowl more from his spot between Isabella and Mirabel.

"Oh, mija! You should eat this!" He perked up at the sound of his mother's eager voice.

His hazel eyes watched as you stood up from your seat slightly and took the bread from his mother's hand then you sat back down before taking a small bite onto the bread.

He saw how your eyes widened in delight, expression brightening up with joy and blissfulness as you took another bite.

He found that rather weird.

His parents and tio both laughed at your action, seemingly happy at the outcome of Pepa's suggestion towards you.

More hatred got plunged inside his chest whilst he looked down at his plate, it was unfair for him. His father would scold him for taking seconds and yet they're giving you a small portion of their food? You weren't even a family in the first place!

The frown on his face deepened, brows furrowing further as he aggressively chew the arepa inside mouth making Mirabel and Isabella look at him with disgust.

What's so special about you anyway? How come his mother like you now? Just three days ago, his mother were rambling to him how she didn't like you at all.

She kept saying that she didn't want him to marry you because you looked like you won't be able to be there for her son, she was scared and worried because she knew that she's getting older as the days pass by.

Anytime now, she can be meeting her father at the other side, that's why she wanted a perfect woman for her son and not someone who came from a chaotic and dangerous family.

But now, she looked like she saw an angel in front of her.

A lifeless angel. Camilo snickered in his thought, taking another mouthful bite from his meal and disregarded his cousin's glare.

The dinner eventually came to an end, the adults doing their own thing and helping with the dirty plates to be put down on the kitchen sink, Mirabel and Luisa are in charge of washing the dinner's dirty dishes for tonight so the others went up to their own room.

Including you.

A sigh left your lips once you stepped inside your freezing room, the thick layers of ice covered the walls, ceiling, floors, window and the cabinet as well as the bedside table.

The only thing that isn't covered with ice is the large bed at the corner of your room.

You made your way towards the drawer, melting the ice away from the wood and pulled against it, the drawer opened then you pulled out a sewing kit from inside before pushing the drawer back to close it.

You plopped down on your bed, your hands raised in the air as the sewing supplies floated.

Your gaze flickered at the rat plushie then the (color) fabric from the end of your bed, it floated too before the sewing equipment did it's own thing.

You want to attach the plushie on the fabric, it came from the sweet older Madrigal and your little sister so you want to keep it close to you as much as possible.

You stayed up late, sewing the two things together.