[45]

"My little snowflake." A warm and sweet voice of a woman called out to you.

You blinked slowly, [color] eyes staring at your father in front of you, he was smiling happily down to you with his arms around on a unfamiliar woman beside him.

You felt the wretching feeling crept up to your throat when you saw how cheerful your father looked, it was as if he was a complete different person from the man you actually know.

He unwrapped his arms from the woman's waist and got on one knee as he placed his hand firmly on your shoulder, "What do you think about the idea of being a big sister?"

Just then, you realized that you were having a dream about your family when you were almost two years old, your body moved on their own, you wrapped your arms around you father's neck and the man let out a heartily laugh as he hugged back.

"I'd love to have a sister!" You replied, cheerful giggles coming out of your mouth. You couldn't control your body, they're moving on their own just like how you exactly acted that night.

You watched while the woman smile warmly towards you and your father, she rubbed her stomach gingerly as she took a step forward, her hand caresses your head and you happily leaned into her touch.

Her smile, her laugh and her touch.

All of it are familiar, the [color] eyes that stared back at you with so much love and happiness before leaning in to leave a kiss on your forehead.

"It's time for her to go to sleep, amor." The woman stated, her hand leaving your head and you immediately frowned upon the lack of warmth from her.

Your eyes caught the eyes of your cousin, Dannia, standing in the door way of the living room in the [last name] mansion. She was already eight years old at that time and would always litter around your mother or your father.

You suddenly felt your chest tightened.

"I can help uncle with [name], auntie." Dannia stepped into the light, a small, warm yet forced smile on her lips as she glanced at you.

"Ah, Dannia!" The woman stated in delight then a playful laugh left her lips, "Of course, that would make his job easier."

You felt your father started walking towards the staircase, your eyes are still glued to your cousin who bid a goodnight to the familiar woman before following behind your father.

You saw how her eyes glowed a bright gray when she stared at you, the sudden headache made you flinched against your father's hold and you let out a bloodcurdling scream that alerted both of your parents.

The woman rushed to your side with your father asking what's wrong and yet you couldn't seem to answer him because your eyes are only staring at your cousin's eyes that is full of envy, fury and hatred.

Your body jolt from your spot but your eyes remained close, you're still in a dark place although you can hear some familiar yet muffled voices around you.

"She's crying, Iris! What's happening?!" Jasmine's voice resonated in the air.

"I don't know, but the tension on her body right now is putting the babies in danger!" Irisia exclaimed then you felt a warm hand touch your head, the headache that you were feeling slowly slipping away.

"What do you mean putting them in danger? What's wrong with my wife?!" You heard your husband yelled out, his voice dripping with worry and panic.

"She... Babies!... Die..." Irisia's voice started to turn into static, your ears filled with ringing and it made you want to cover yourself because of how painful it was, but you know you couldn't with the same heavy weight is still pressing you down on the mattress that you are currently laying on.

The worried voices of your love ones soon fade away, the darkness that surrounded you turned into a bright light which blind your eyes.

"Papa?"

You watched your two years old self walk towards your father, the man is kneeling infront of a grave stone with a blanket on his arms.

He was sobbing, his cries muffled at the blanket and he slowly pulled away to look at you.

"Oh, my snowflake.."

He smiled, a forced and pained one. He held out his arms towards you and you finally saw the baby that was wrapped by a blanket. Your heart ached when you saw Irisia's baby form cuddling so close to your mourning father.

"Meet your little sister.. I-,"

A broken sob escaped from his lips, tears continued to fall from his eyes like a never ending waterfall and it made your two years old self tear up too. You embraced your father's kneeling form and he gladly hugged back.

"Her name is, Irisia.. Your mother gave her that name, just like how she gave yours."

Your father gave you a small genuine smile, his hand caressing your head gently before his eyes glanced back at rhe gravestone infront of him. The smile on his lips dropped almost instantly and it left an aching feeling on your chest.

"Your mother told me to never force you or your sister to be tied down in this family."

Your father stated, you watched as your two years old self crawled into your father's lap and you wrapped your arms around his neck before patting his head which made the man let out another cry.

"S-she wanted the two of you to be free.. To be able to do whatever you want.."

His cries continued as he wrapped his free arm around your small form, Irisia seem to noticed what was happening and started to cry as well. You and your father looked down at the baby which made her stop momentarily before continuing back to cry.

Your father let out a dry chuckle then he kissed your forehead before turning his head towards your newborn baby sister.

"It seems that baby Irisia doesn't want us to be sad so let us not cry anymore, yeah?"

The two of you broke into a cheery laughter which caused for the baby on his arms to stop crying and decided to giggle along with the two of you.

The sight and scene before you made you tear up, he was the complete opposite of the man that you know in the present time so you can't help but ask, what happened? What changed him? Why did he change? Why did power became his priority if he loved his daughter so much like that in the past?

And it seem like your question had reached the God from above because the scenario changed infront of you.

Dannia is now standing beside your father's bed, his shaking form is evident under the cover and his tears stained cheeks can be seen as he gripped the wedding photo of him and his deceased wife.

You watched with wide eyes as Dannia lifted the metal barbel in the air using her gift, a gasp left your lips when the heavy piece of metal had dropped on your father's head, knocking him out completely.

"I killed your wife, left your daughters as motherless so why are you still clinging to that piece of paper? Why can't you look at me the same as [name] and Irisia? I was here first and yet they got all the love and attention."

Dannia said the words with so much pain, hatred and anger. Tears glistening her eyes as the same thick colored fog that you saw before came out of her body.

The smoke soon surrounded your father's head and it was quick to be inhaled by the victim, leaving him defenseless and weak for the child that was about to control his mind.

You didn't know how to react, you could only stand there as the scene and the truth unfold before you.