[44]

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Camilo can hear the rhythmic drop of the water, the small drop of the liquid hit the solid surface of the ground and the same sound had caused him to move from his deep slumber.

"It looks like he's waking up." He heard the familiar timid voice of his wife's sister then it was soon followed with shuffling.

"He's probably having trouble waking up." Mirabel commented upon seeing his scrunched up face, twisted in a pained expression.

"Don't touch him. Let him wake up on his own." Irisia chimed in, gripping her head to steady her blurry vision. She used up too much healing magicules and its taking toll on her body.

Irisia leaned into your bed, her warm hand grasping your cold one to fuel herself with your energy. She let out a sigh, letting herself bask within your presence which caused her aching nerves to calm down.

Even though you were unconscious, as long as you are within your sisters' range then the emotional bond that you three have will act and heal the one who got hurt. It always became handy when your father would send you to the front lines of every war that you had attend.

The bond between you three is the strongest one to have exist in the [last name] family. That's probably why Dannia was so envious of you having a loving and trusted sisters by your side because Samuel wouldn't bat an eye to her way if she's upset or hurt.

Neia, Samuel's wife, were more important than his own twin and Dannia hated that truth. 

Irisia's thumb caressed the back of your palm, her eyes glancing on your peaceful expression on your face then she can feel a small smile creeping in her adorable features.

"You should give our sister some space." Jasmine spoke from behind of Irisia, the playful tone on her voice made the older [last name] roll her eyes at the youngest [last name]'s statement.

Jasmine sat down beside you, her hand caressing your cheek and even though you were unconscious, you still managed to lean into her hand which made her heart melt at the sight before her.

"She's ugly but beautiful." Irisia murmured under her breath, she waited for you to say that she's also ugly since she's your sister but after a few minutes of silence, her lips curled down into a frown from the lack of response.

Jasmine pulled her hand away and left a loving pat on Irisia's head which made the oldest sister to lean into her younger sister's hand.

Dolores and Mirabel watched the interactions between the two, their heart aching badly inside their chest at the thought of them seeing you unconscious on your possible deathbed and the fact that they couldn't do anything to help them left them useless.

"We'll be fine." Jasmine spoke up, her eyes glancing towards the two female Madrigals and they stared at her with bewilderment.

"I can feel the sadness, dejection, and hopelessness." The young lady stated as she pointed her finger at her chest, "The pity is also there, we don't need it."

Her words came out quite harsh but she didn't want to be pitied, she didn't want anyone to pity her big sisters especially when she knew that the two of you are doing your best to survive in this cruel and unfair world. She knew that you were doing everything you can to protect the two of them and you were damn good on doing that.

So who are they to pity you? You are a strong, caring and kind sister for them while they are nothing but someone who only know your tough demeanor.

She snapped out of her trance when she felt a new emotion coming from you.

Happiness.

Her expression softened, she turned her body to you and grasped your hand along with Irisia's hand, the two of them stayed beside you for a long while without uttering another word because fuck, they've been waiting for your return, they've been waiting for you to open those eyelids of yours, they've been waiting for their sister to look at them with the same loving and happy gaze that you would give them once you came back from the battlefield.

She doesn't know why you were feeling happy but she's glad to know that you are still with them.

Camilo had already woken up from his slumber a few minutes ago, he didnt want to say anything to ruin the moment that your sisters have with you because he knew damn well how it feels to wait for someone you love.

He's also waiting for you, but he need to wait for his turn to be at your side. He already took you away from them even though it wasn't his desire at first but it sure is now. He just want to have you by his side, happy and content with him along with the babies inside your stomach.

Just the thought of having a mini him and a mini you made his heart swell in happiness, his lips curled up in a small smile as he glanced back at your face. He can only see your side but that's more than enough to make him calm and relieved.

She's okay. He reassured himself, But what about our babies?

"They're fine." Jasmine's voice resonated in the small cave once again which startled the Madrigals greatly.

The shapeshifter turned his attention at the back of your youngest sister's head, "They aren't hurt?"

Jasmine shook her head, her forehead still leaning on your arm as she continued to bask within your calming and loving presence along with her other sister.

"They're fine. Samuel stabbed her but it didn't really cut the cord for their bellybutton." Irisia piped in, her clothes is slowly being burned by the flames that appeared on the end of her hair.

"Wait.. Samuel? But he's the one who warned me that she'll get hurt—" Camilo got cut off when their surroundings shook harshly then a loud of roar thunder soon followed which made the solid surfaces around them to shake again.

Dolores had to cover her ears from the ear piercing sound that came from the surface above them. Her eyes squeeze shut as the tears gathered at the corner of her eyes from the pain that she's feeling.

Irisia lifted her head to look at him with a scowl on her face, "That bastard tried to kill her." She hissed out.

"He's doing it with someone." She stated, "A familiar woman that looked like his wife when she was still alive."

Jasmine breathed out a shaky sigh, the anger that Irisia has inside her is too much and it's overpowering the emotions coming from you.

"If I remember clearly, I saw her talking to your father back on your and my sister's wedding." The flaming woman commented, eyes glowing red as her ability to control fire allowed her hair to drop a couple of flaming hot hair strand on the ground.

"What does she look like?" Mirabel asked, stealing the words from her cousin's mouth and it made the flame on Irisia's hair to get stronger.

"She was wearing a flower white dress." The young woman murmured but it still echoed because of the closed space inside the room which caused for the sound to bounce off from the walls.

Her next words made Camilo's heart drop to his stomach, his hazel eyes widening in shock, fury and anxiety.

"She was wearing a couple of snowflakes accessories."

— [ ☘︎ ] —

I hope yall liked this one!

Also, congratulations to the readers who managed to guess who was the woman.