[30]

"Was that the reason why you didn't let me get close to [name]?" Maria looked at him with pained expression. Her eyes screamed hatred and betrayal while her arms are wrapped around herself.

Camilo wanted to avoid this situation, he wanted to avoid the woman infront of him but he doesn't know how. He knew that this is unavoidable because you and him are back in Encanto, he knew but for some reason, he doesn't care about her feelings.

He could only stand there and listen to her blabber about how much betrayed she feels when she saw you walking through the door of the church with a wedding dress. He could only watch her tears escape her eyes as she looked at him with a scowl.

He can't feel any remorse towards her, he can't feel any pity nor sadness but only happiness, joy and amusement.

"I know that you saw her first but you should've considered my feelings! You didn't tell me that she was going to get married to you." Maria's voice broke at the end of her statement, so much resentment dripping from her voice to the point it sent an uncomfortable shiver down his spine.

"Out of all the people she could marry." She inhaled deeply with more tears falling from her eyes, "Why does it have to be you?"

Now, Camilo felt offended after hearing that which caused him to frown and pursed his lips but he still stayed quiet since he didn't want for Maria to let out a scream.

"She's perfect, Camilo. She's too good for anyone so why? Why? Why does she have to marry someone else?" Her tone slowly got harsher as she continued to speak.

The shapeshifter started to feel uncomfortable but he doesn't know how to leave her alone without causing a scene, he kept his mouth shut and decided to stay. No matter how much he tried to feel the same feeling he has for the woman before, his mind would automatically thought about his calm, blank and annoyed wife so he knew that it would be rather impossible for him to look at her the same way he look at you.

When Maria finally shot him a pained gaze, she walked away from him with her chin up and her entire being screamed 'fuck off.'

He let out a sigh of relief, he turned around to start walking towards the Casita but he was greeted with a pursed lips Dolores infront of him.

"You're an idiota." His sister stated, shaking her head as she waited for him to reach her side so they can walk back to their home together.

Camilo only rolled his eyes, already accepting that he is an idiot considering what happened for the past few days. I mean, who would forget to tell their friend who will they marry? Who would forget to knock on someone's bedroom door? Who would forget that they moved their wife's belongings in the other room? Of course, it's just him, probably.

"You should've said sorry to her, hermano. She was your first love remember?" Dolores commented, the little squeak from her mouth resonated in the afternoon air.

"She's not really- I mean, I think I just think that I love her?" Camilo answered with uncertainty while his eyes staring at the path infront of them, he tried to think about the next words he's about to say towards his sister because he knows that one wrong word will cause a misunderstanding and he doesn't want that.

Especially when he's doing his best to treat you with care, respect, gentleness and adoration.

"I guess I just adored her? Almost everyone likes her, Dolores, because she is beautiful, kind and pretty much good with kids, but I think that's all to it." The shapeshifter admitted, he didn't want to lie about it so he just came straight to the point.

Dolores let out a hum, her big doe eyes glancing towards her brother who's looking at the ground with a relaxed expression.

"What made you say that— oh wait." Dolores cleared her throat and Camilo glanced at her with a questioning gaze, "Let me rephrase that."

"Who made you say that?" The older Madrigal couldn't stop the smirk that appeared on her baby facial features when her little brother started to shape shift to random people.

He shape shifted to you more than twice though.

When he finally calmed down and shifted back to himself, his freckled cheeks was flushed and is accompanied by a noticeable pink color on his ears down to his neck. Dolores couldn't help but let out a series of quiet giggles towards her little brother's flustered expression.

"Haha. Very funny." Camilo mocked her with a roll of his eyes which only got responded by another fit of giggles from his sister.

He knew that he was caught red handed by the worst person possible, his sister can't keep a secret unless it was related to their Tio Bruno. Speaking of his Tio, he can see him at the front door for Casita with you smiling so sweetly by his side.

It made his heart drop to his stomach and his chest filled with heaviness along with anxiety. The sight before him pained him greatly and unknowingly which caused him to frown before it quickly fade away and got replaced with a blank one.

"Mi amor! Why are you out of our bed already?" The shapeshifter decided to leave his sister and run to your side, his hands automatically latching themselves to your waist.

"Oh and." He turned to his uncle with a small smile on his lips, "Good afternoon, Tio."

Bruno let out an awkward smile and waved towards his nephew before he turned to you with a genuine smile on his lips, "I should probably go now. I'll see you around, [name]."

You and Camilo watched the adorable old man walk away from the two of you, you made sure that he was out of sight before you turned your head to look at your husband with a pointed and knowing look.

"What?" He asked, innocently tilting his head and smiling brightly now that he has your attention to him.

He only watched you shake your head and lift your hand to pat his cheek, he immediately leaned into your palm before you pulled your hand away from his cheek.

"You're surprisingly clingy, hermano." Camilo's happy expression morphed into a scowl when he heard his sister's voice from behind him.

You smiled at the older woman and waved happily which she returned the gesture with equal amount of joy, a smile both adoring your features.

You excused yourself away from them and left them alone, you can hear Camilo's annoyed voice as the two of them got into a subtle bickering.

You were planning to go to the town to buy a new set of [favorite book] to decorate the empty bookshelves on Camilo's bedroom, he has alot of empty room and you decided to put some stuff inside it— with your husband's permission of course.

You hummed a quiet tune to yourself, the kids who passed by you greeting you with big smiles before running off to play with their friends.

Just as you're about to turn into a corner where the bookstore reside, your eyes caught a familiar face amongst the crowd. Her dark brown eyes sparkled with a grey glow which made you stop in your tracks.

Your brows furrowed, the grey glow seem to shine brighter and a sickening smile appeared on her face before she mouthed a few words in the air. Her action only made you eve more confused so you took a step forward, your eyes still on her dark brown ones.

Just before you could take another step, someone walked passed infront of you and when you turned your attention back to her, she was already gone.

"Careful, you might get hurt."

Your chest suddenly felt heavy as you uttered the words she mouthed towards you. An uncomfortable feeling made its way to your guts and it filled your whole entire being with anxiety.