|Chapter 25| Dying.

The boat was approaching the dock.

Knowing how stubborn the two of them were, no one even attempted to get Gale and Nashi to stay. Everyone knew they were emotional as well; that hardly mattered.

They were back in Adarian. Their home.

"We have to hurry," Nova said, grabbing her bag of things. "Don't do anything irrational."

"Not today," Nashi swallowed.

The team decided that there was too many factors to create a concrete plan. The king did this to draw them in, and without knowing his plan... they couldn't formulate their own. Not only that, but they simply didn't have time.

Their best bet was to go in and find the right time for action.

The ship safely made it to the docks, and the five sprinted off the ramp.

The night before, Wendy assisted Nashi with dying her hair, so it was back to a sleek black all the way to the roots. She couldn't stand out today of all days.

Nashi knew she was passing the streets to her house, but she couldn't do it.

Her parents were going to die. There's no time to stop.

"Wait!" Called a familiar voice, followed by the sound of horse trotting.

"Caleb!" Nashi's voice gleamed. He had a wagon attached to the horse he rode, with Miza next to him rising the second horse.

"You bunch are going to the execution," he murmured, almost as a fact instead of a question. "Get on."

Nova groaned at the sight of Miza. But hopped on the wagon willingly. Everyone had yet to find out what she had against her.

"What are you guys doing?" Nashi exclaimed.

Caleb responded, "to try and find you. I knew word must have reached you one way or another. And, to get some supplies while we were at it."

Nashi swallowed. She saw Gale and Storm staring at each other. They agreed that they'd be civil until they saved Levy and Gajeel, as that was the priority.

"Gale and Nova can't have any part in saving them," Reiki mentioned out of the blue.

"What?" Gale harshly reacted.

Reiki looked up from the wagon boards, "you're both wanted. They'll kill you without a moments hesitation."

"It's not the time to argue," Nova warned Gale, "he's right. They know what I look like- and this is the area of your home. Surely someone's bound to recognize you."

"Fine," he grunted.

"We'll stay back," Nova nodded, "we'll simply be back up while you and Storm do the main work."

"What about me?" Nashi said. "I'm not just going to do nothing."

"That's exactly what you're going to do," Gale said, "you'll stay back with me and Nova. It's too dangerous."

"I-" she stuttered. "Fine."

. . .

When Sylvia woke up again, she was starving. Not only that but, she didn't dream again like she would've wanted.

Tempester was in the room with a tray of food. She ate it in silence, not wanting to talk about the previous days events.

"Jenny brought up a dress for you," he said. Sylvia saw the dress laid out on the bed. However, it didn't seem like an indoor or lounge dress.

It was a slim dark blue dress. The hem had ruffles on the bottom and white trim. It came with a shawl as well.

She furrowed her brows, "am I going somewhere today?"