|Chapter 11| Secrets

Wow okay. Again, I've had this chapter done for a long while but I confused myself with the timing. They left Rosemary's forest, spoke to Caleb and Miza, met up with Reiki and made it to Crocus all in one day. Then after thinking about it.... Where did they get food?

This'll be the last time something like this happens. I can assure that timing won't be a problem again, lol.

Enjoy Chapter 11!

Nova did as she was told.
She ran back into the small house, panicked.

"Guys!" She exclaimed, "we need to get out of here."

Nobody questioned it. The boys woke from their nap and Nashi stuffed her flower petals back into her bag. They all scrambled to get out the door.

"Nova, what's happening?!" Nashi asked, as they ran the opposite direction of where Reiki and Silver faced off. It was pitch black, so Nova sparked electricity and hoped it was enough to guide them.

Nova swallowed, "Its one of the Gates. I think they found out that Reiki was plotting against them."

Nobody saw it, but Gale clenched his teeth.

"Which one?" Storm asked. They were running into a forest now, one similar to that of Rosemary's.

"Silver, Gate of Absolute Zero," Nova answered. "He's one of the stronger ones..."

"Uh, yeah," Gale cut in, "He's not just one of the King's assassins or personal bodyguards-- Silver is one of his personal advisors." He held the straps to his satchel tighter.

"What does that mean?" Nashi asked inridiculously.

"It means that he's not just a hunk of meat," Storm answered, "He's fricken intelligent."

"Great!" Nashi exclaimed, hoping she wasn't going to trip over something anytime soon. "So we're dealing with a smart and strong assassin?!"

Nova skidded to a stop. She cursed under her breath. Gale cursed after her.

Silver stood in front of them. Reiki was in one hand, weak. He dropped the redhead to the floor, and then proceeded to walk towards the group.

Storm's spine tingled. It wasn't of fear, and it wasn't a shiver. He wasn't sure what it was. He rose his arm, as if he was protecting Nashi.

Gale subconsciously slid the bag behind him.

Silver was heading for Nova, who looked like she was ready for a fight, but paused.

His head turned, centimeter by centimeter. He made eye contact with Nashi, and then Storm. He frowned.

Staring at Storm, he asked, "Who might you be, boy?"

"My name is Storm," he answered, straightening himself out.

Nashi took a moment to gather herself, but she finally pushed herself in front of Storm, "Who are you?"

Silver snickered. Then he stopped to take a look at Nashi, "I'm Silver, the third Gate..." his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes squinted at her. "And you, my dear, give off the same aura as King Igneel..."

Gale sucked in a breath. Silver wasn't just a Gate. He wasn't chosen by Zeref. King Igneel was Zeref's and Natsu's father, which means...

Gale's eyes travelled between Storm and Silver. Then Reiki, whose eyelids were barely lifted.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Nashi asked dumbly. "Get out of our way, and nobody else gets hurt."

The Gate smirked.