|Chapter 5.5| For Him

Dear Rin Fullbuster,

It's been a while, hasn't it? If you see this... then it must mean that you'll never see me again.

I had this ready to be delivered on a fourth moon, August 12, at the time 1400. Right?

Your brother and friends left your house not that long ago, they're at my place. I hope you're feeling better, and I hope Sylvia recovers quickly.

I haven't left yet, as you're reading this, but I'll be gone soon. I'm speaking to Nashi right now.

I wrote this letter to let you know that, well, you'll find someone. You'll find someone much better than I could ever be. I can't see it that well, as it's far after my life. But I know that you're happy, happier than you've ever been. You'll of course have your trials, like we all do. But it'll be worth it in the end.

However, my final wish is that I hold a place in your heart. I know we're young, and really stupid, but you were the first person that gave me hope. I had all bit lost it when it came to finding my brother and mother, and you told me that I'd find them. You kept me going.

Now your brother, Nashi, Gale, and Nova are going to find him for me. Gale swore to me that he'd find out what happened to my mother as well.

Sadly, I still cannot see where she is. If she's passed, I don't know. It's as if she's behind some sort of barrier, a place where my gift cannot reach.

Anyway, by now I'm long gone.

Thank you, Rin, for everything.

I love you.

. . .

"Rin...?" Sylvia yawned, she had just woke up from her nap and went to the living room.

Her brother was sat up, staring at a piece of parchment. She wasn't sure what he was feeling. Because he stared at the paper. And that's all he did, was stare. She faced his back, so she wasn't even sure what expression he held on his face.

After a bit, he folded the paper in half and tossed on the table in front of him. Sylvia couldn't see his eyes as he told her, "something tells me that Storm won't be back for a while. We should go check in at the bar."

"Yeah..." Sylvia whispered. Rin stood up, and he turned his head at Sylvia. She saw him, and there was tear streaks down his cheeks. She was surprised when she saw a smile pop out on his face.

"Let's go!"