|Chapter 6| For Rosemary

All Gale could do was stand there. In front of Rosemary's body.

They need you, Gale.

He scoffed at himself. She knew. She knew all of it. Of course she did. She knew that he thought nothing of himself.

She knew that he was thinking about faking his death.

He clenched his jaw. He looked inside her nightstand, where a grey blanket was neatly folded into the small drawer. He unfolded it, and covered Rosemary head to toe.

She knew she was going to die. She knew that Nashi was going to be by her side, but she didn't give any warning.

How could she? Her visions were absolute. Nothing could change them. If she wasn't to warn them, then she wasn't going to warn them. She could see the future, not change it.

But, that also meant that something big was going to happen.

You have to tell her before it's too late.

Why? He had no reason to tell Nova what he felt.

Gale bowed over Rosemary in respect, and whispered to her and himself, "I'll figure out what happened to her. I swear on my life."

He owed it to her. He was going to find out what happened to Erza.

. . . . .

Gale was at the bottom of the rope ladder when he looked around in the dim sunset. His three friends were scattered. But, two of them were together. The girls, Nashi was yelling at Nova.

"What was that?!" Nashi yelled in Nova's face. "I thought she was your friend!"

Nova stayed silent. A look of guilt appeared visible on her face.

"You just, you just left her!"

Nova reflected that of a shipwreck. Her hair was in a million directions, her face was pale and tearstreaks were visible on her cheeks.

And yet, Nashi felt like she had the right to say that?

"Shut up," Nova mumbled. She clenched her fists.

"Now she's... And you couldn't even say goodbye, "Nashi's voice calmed down, and she sniffed through her sentence. "Are you happy?"

"I said to shut up!" Nova's fist became electric, and it was swinging at Nashi.

"Nova!" Gale yelled. He ran towards his sister, but Nova wasn't slowing down anytime soon.

Nashi just stared at her. Unafraid, almost like she expected this to happen. Her brown eyes met Nova's.

Nova couldn't do it.

She stopped right before she hit Nashi. The lightning was close enough that it tickled the raven head's face, but not enough to hurt her.

Nova took a deep, shakey breath before speaking one last time before she stalked off, "haven't you been told not to judge?"

Nashi turned on her heel and walked past Gale, who stood there dumbfounded. They had a conversation about judging people on the way to Storm's. What had gotten to Nashi so badly that she snapped?

"Nash," Gale called quietly. She didn't answer, but he let it be.

There was a creek not far from where Gale stood, and that is where Storm was. He'd taken off his boots and socks, lifted his pants, and set his feet in the water. It must've been freezing, but for some reason, he had more resistance from the cold than a normal being. He sat down after he saw what went down with Nova and Nashi.