|Chapter 20| Here We Go

As the team ran through the night, bickering every once in a while, they realized how far they had sidetracked from their original mission. The mission was to find the weapon Rosemary had chosen for Nashi. Instead, they got caught up in Nova's family drama and the Dollmaker. Hey, let's add Nashi's identity being figured out too.

They wondered who they could thank for that.

But, besides the point, they ran hard and fast. Some of them just weren't built for that.

They boarded Nova's ship, and Nashi almost toppled over from exhaustion. Instead, she put an arm out on the rail, and took deep breathes to regain her composure.

Storm, on the other hand, did topple over.

He was sprawled out on the floor and was almost hyperventilating from how much and how fast he sprinted across town.

"I thought you took daily runs?" Gale asked as he took deep breaths. He was tired, but nowhere near Storm and Nashi's exhaustion.

"Think of them..." an inhale from Storm, "as jogs. I hate sprinting. They suck and I never..." another breath. "Feel good afterwards."

"Captain!" Sammi exclaimed as she raced towards Nova, "here's water."

Some of Nova's crew gave the others mugs of fresh, clean water as well.

Before Nova even took a swig of hers, she barked orders, "I don't care who does it, but get us out of here before my mother burns us down!"

Immediately, the crew raced around deck to get the anchor up and released from the harbor. The sails were out in a matter of minutes. They departed the harbor not long after.

Nova slid down the railing to sit on the floor. She drank her water slowly, before realizing everyone else had gulped theirs down in a few swallows. Not that she cared, but hadn't they heard of being water logged?

Reiki seemed to be doing the best out of everyone, but he still looked like he needed a long nap.

"Is your brother going to be okay?" Nashi asked timidly. She sat on the ground too.

Nova shrugged, "he knew the risk he was taking helping me."

"Yeah," Storm droned, still laying on the floor breathing hard, "why did he help you? He was totally going to kill me earlier!"

It was nighttime, and usually the crew would be sleeping right now. But Nova knew it was going to be a long while before anyone slept. She could respect that they all stayed awake until she got on board though.

"You know siblings. Also I don't believe he cares for our mother either, he just does it because he doesn't want to work," she explained, taking another sip of water.

Reiki spoke for the first time, "Silver could sense us, I thought. Why didn't he grab the princess?"

Nashi glared at him, "don't call me that."

"Oh. I forgot." He replied.

Everyone rolled their eyes. They all pondered Reiki's question. Silver could sniff out Nashi's familiarity to King Igneel, so why didn't he snatch her? He could easily take them on.