|Chapter 2| On Our Way

Nashi seemed pretty skeptical the night before. It wasn't assassinating the king, or even the pirate she was worried about. Something just felt off. Like Gale had complied a bit too easily. She wasn't going to complain, of course, but she'd thought it'd be best if she kept a close eye on her brother during the quest.

•••

"Nashi, get up," Nashi woke up to see her brother hovering over her, bugging her to get up. "We have to leave now, mom and dad are asleep. But they won't be for long."

She nodded and got out of bed. It was probably the fastest she would ever jump out of bed. Much less the earliest. She immediately grabbed her hand made satchel and stuffed a couple things in it, that she hadn't bothered to pack the night before. Like her knitted hat, which keeps her hair hidden in case something happens to the dye. She got her mortar and pestal, something she needs to crush the flower petals and anything else that needs grinding.

Gale, being sneaky, grabbed a bag that had been hidden in his parents bedroom. He knew that if he came back and they found out he'd taken it, then he would be buried in their backyard. However, he knew what he was doing, and he wasn't planning on coming back anytime soon.

He met Nashi at the front of the house. When she saw the satchel he was holding, she asked, "what's in that?"

"Resources," he answered softly with no hesitancy. "C'mon, we have to get going."

Nashi held her hand up before saying, "hold on, I have to get some dye."

Gale nodded, "hurry." He waited for her, fumbling with his fingers while leaned against the outside wall. Pondering if this was a good idea at the last minute.

She nodded back and exited through the front door. Once she did, she went around the small house and to the flower garden. There she got the dye that lasted the longest, silver/white and black. Perhaps because they were such contrasts to eachother was why they lasted longer than any of the other flowers. The flowers also were least likely to die within a month. She quickly picked the flowers, not caring about the roots, and shoved them in her satchel. There was a high chance she could get the flowers in the wilderness as well.

Gale knew why Nashi needed the dye. And what Levy told her that it was abnormal, and that she has to dye it.

Truth be told, she was right. But not for what Nashi would think.

She came back to the front, where she saw Gale waiting for her, "I'm ready." She told him and bounced her head up and down.

He stood straight from the wall he was leaned against, "okay. From what I've heard, Fairy Tail is planning to sail back in the ocean at mid day today. We'll be able to make it there no problem."

"Mhm," Nashi hummed in understanding.

Gale walked a step ahead of her and waved his arm in signal for her to follow, "let's go. The sun is already rising."

So then, they were off. Gale walked a bit fast as first, but Nashi caught up by jogging.

"How is Fairy Tail still here without their ship being burned down?" Nashi asked her brother out of the blue.

He looked down at her and smirked, "pirates aren't stupid, ya know. They know their way around."

Nashi raised an eyebrow at that, "I thought that was the reason pirates are pirates. Because they couldn't go to school, couldn't get a job..." her sentence died out from what her brother was doing.

He cut her off by laughing, very loudly. "you're kidding me, are you?" He wiped a tear away from one of his eyes. She just blinked at him without saying a word. "Most pirates aren't pirates because they're idiots," Gale said, still laughing. "They're pirates because they hate how the world works, or, more like how our monarchy is. And you say it as if everyone can get work and get jewel." His laughing didn't stop, but it did die down just a little bit.