Before We Fall | BTS Fanfic

Reviewer: sassy-weirdo

Author Name: yoursauther

Presentation:

Cover (2/5)

I'll be starting off with the cover because on a platform as huge as Wattpad, having an attractive cover is essential if you want to read your book. It's either that or the blurb but for now, we'll be focusing on the cover.

Anyways, to be honest, the cover does not make me go 'Ooh let me read the blurb', it makes me go 'Let's get done with this part of the review'. I am not judging your story yet but if I were not reviewing it I most definitely would have moved on to the next book and would have assumed that your writing is as bad as your cover. I'll list down a few points regarding why the cover made me shy away and how to fix these mistakes:-

i) Let's start from the top left corner. I see white lines on the first picture and it reminds me of a torn piece of plastic covering that was used to wrap a Classmate notebook.

ii) The title and subtitle do not match.

iii) The glitch effect on the title makes it look very weird and I understand that you might think it is a cool text effect but it's not.

iv) Why are there purple arrows bordering the subtitle?

vi) The collage effect looks really bad as that is most definitely not how collage covers are supposed to look like. The pictures don't blend, they look very mismatched and all in all give a very bad look to it.

vi) Don't get me started on the tint on the bottom right corner. It just doesn't blend.

vii) Where is the author's name? It is essential and albeit this not being one of the reasons behind my apparent disgust towards the cover, every cover on Wattpad and even published books have the author's name printed on them for a reason. An author's name on a cover could range from the username (which I personally do not prefer as you would be unable to change your username or risk having to change the U.N on your cover(s) too.) to your original name, from your pseudonym to just a nickname. It could be anything. But an author's name on a cover makes it easier for the reader to remember as humans have a better photographic memory i.e we as people, can remember things better that are there on pictures or the like instead of text.

I suggest that you change the cover altogether by asking another designer to make it for you or by requesting one in a community graphic shop such as ours.

Title (3/5)

The first thing that came to my mind was that it's too common, maybe not among BTS fanfics but it is in general. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind common titles but your cover really doesn't help. So my advice would be changing the cover (as said above) and people will read your story no matter how not unusual your title is.

Blurb (0/5)

The blurb is just... well Wattpad like. *smiles painfully*

I'll just list your mistakes out again-

i) One. Should. Not. Use. The. Same. Punctuations. One. After. The. Other.

Gods! This is a rule I have been screaming for such a long time but there are only so many books that have proper punctuation. The first line of your blurb goes— 'Enough !!!' The space before the punctuation is unnecessary. Also, we do not use the same punctuation twice in the same sentence, one after the other.