29. Ginger

"Can you read what Andreas Green has written for me?" Jungkook stretched the sketchbook his way

"Um... sure," Jimin took it sitting down next to the omega, totally buffed by the request.

"I'm just afraid to see it," muttered Jungkook as if he had felt it needed an explanation, Jimin's hands trembling when he lifted the cover to trace his fingers over the swift a bit scruffy handwriting.

Dear Jungkook,

Wherever it's to dissolve your inner chaos, to express your feelings or to scream out your pain, draw, no matter what happens around you draw, as if your life depended on it. Draw, and it will change your life. This is the motto I have been following for years now and I believe you might find yourself in those words too.
Coming here for the exhibition I have never imagined to meet someone so talented yet unaware of his extreme potential. I hope I can help you to find more courage in life and your art. Your sketchbook is the most interesting piece of art I've seen for years and I will be honored to become your mentor at university. I'm looking forward to see you in New York Academy of Art, until we meet again all the best. Take good care of yourself and your raising family.

All the best
Andreas Green

Jimin stopped reading out loudly looking up to spot a tear rolling down Jungkook's cheek.

"Is this what he has written?"

"Yes, see yourself," Jimin handed him the sketchbook, the boy holding it in his trembling palms definitely rereading the message.

"So, you've impressed one person in your dream university, that's something."

"Jimin... you know exactly I will never have the money to study there, so why do you want to hurt me with making me dream about it," Jungkook raised his voice.

"Kookie, I don't want to hurt you, never, besides it's two years from now, who will know what can happen in two years. Maybe until that time you will be able to study."

"How?" Jungkook's jaw trembled.

"Life works in unexpected ways, don't stress yourself about it tonight, just enjoy the exhibition, meeting your idol, the achievements you have made today," Jimin caressed down the boy's back.

"When my parents died I thought I will never draw again, especially as the first thing my brother has done after signing the guardian papers was to throw away all my drawing equipment including pencils, brushes and paint. He had told me to study my ass off for the scholarship money and don't waste time on nonsense as he won't pay a penny for my education," Jungkook began to speak quietly, squeezing the sketchbook in his hands so harshly his knuckles became white. "For months to come I was just learning, hasn't drawn a thing, but then, during a very miserable day I had seen my crush and I had that huge urge to draw him I was fighting with. I went to the school library to use a computer for an essay, but ended up watching a lecture about chances, courage and new beginnings in art by Andreas Green. Wherever it's to dissolve your inner chaos, to express your feelings or to scream out your pain, draw, no matter what happens around you draw, as if your life depended on it. Draw, and it will change your life. Those were the words he had said, I still remember, words he has today written into my sketchbook. That lecture made me steal some paper from the library then ask Yoongi for a pen. That afternoon I had been sitting in the cafe drawing my heart out," Jungkook smiled to the memories. "That's why meeting Andreas Green today is so important."