Season 2, Chapter 17: Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

"Trader Johann's here!" Fishlegs shouts as the plank for Johann's ship comes down. "Everybody, Trader Johann's here!"

"Johann, shmohann." Snotlout grumbles. "That guy never lets me touch any of his cool stuff."

"Well, that's because last time he was here, you broke half of it." Hiccup says.

Snotlout scoffs. "It's my word against his."

"Yeah, sure." I say, scratching Saviour's head as he lays around my neck.

Saviour just got back from his trip. Hiccup begged me to lend Saviour to him so he could send a letter to Heather. He's been getting increasingly more and more worried as Heather hasn't been writing back. To be completely honest, I've been worried too.

Point is, Hiccup doesn't get to use Saviour anymore. He left one time and the Eel Pox happened. I'm not taking any chances.

"Ah, Berk! The crown jewel of the entire archipelago." Trader Johann calls out.

Astrid leads me up onto the ship and around, describing the items for me.

"Over here, Trader Johann!" Fishlegs squeals. "Oooh what did you bring today?"

"Many wondrous things, Mr Fishlegs. Treasures from every coast and every shore." Johann says. "Like the pearls of Dyngja."

"Oh!" Fishlegs squeaks.

"Perfect for that special lady in your life." Johann continues.

Oh really. I wonder if Astrid would like those. I wrap my arm around Astrid's waist and lay my head on her shoulder. Snotlout moves up to us.

"You know, those could be yours, Astrid." Snotlout says. "Just say the word."

"Yuck." Astrid says, before leading me away.

"That's not the word." Snotlout says.

"And here we have some bows." Astrid describes.

I reach out until I feel the wooden bow stave. I pick it up and start inspecting the quality of the bow.

"Astrid, you see these extra curves in the bow?"

"Yeah." Astrid says.

"This is amazing." I say. "These extra curves will create more speed and power when I shoot. This is amazing!"

"Whoa!" Astrid says excitedly.

"Johann, we'll take these." I say, gathering up the bows.

"Oh course, Miss Nara." Johann says just finishing up a purchase of a huge pile of scrap metal for Gobber.

Astrid helps me put the bows on Vision as we hear Tuffnut falling in love with Macey the Mace.

I get on Vision and he flies us to the armoury where we start unloading the bows. With how aggressive the Berserkers have been in the past, these new bows should help a lot.

(Time Skip)

The next morning, I wake up as good as normal. I stretch my stiff body, yawning at the same time. I push Saviour off my chest and get changed.

I head outside to feed Vision his breakfast, only to find the whole village up in arms.

"What the?" I mutter.

I head to get Vision and we head down to the village. When we arrive, Vision brings me to Hiccup and Toothless.

"I had those ladles when I went to sleep, and now they're gone." A woman says.