Chapter 11: Heather Report Pt2

I was with Astrid when Heather broke out of jail again. I hop on Vision, while Astrid gets on Stormfly. Vision follows Stormfly as backup. I hear Heather running towards the beach, so we intercept her there. The Nadders fire and a ship explodes.

Astrid calls down, "You can break out of jail as many times as you want, but you're not getting off this island."

After those words, Vision swoops down and grabs Heather.

"It's honestly surprising how quickly you can move after I shot you in the leg." I call down to her as Vision flies her back to her cell. We fly back and Astrid shoves her back into her cell. She stumbles and falls with a hiss of pain escaping from her mouth. I close the door and lock it.

"Give it up, Heather. We have dragons." Astrid says.

"Astrid, Nara. I have to get back to Outcast Island."

"Yeah. I bet you do." Astrid says.

"No, you don't understand. Alvin has my parents." Heather pleads.

"Oh yeah. What happened to the pirates?" I ask.

"There were never any pirates. I made it up. But I had too. I needed you to trust me." Heather explains.

"We guess what? We don't. Not anymore." Astrid says before leaving.

I can tell Heather is on the verge of tears. I turn to her cell and say softly,

"You should see what you've done to Hiccup. He's been a mess ever since you betrayed him. He loves you, and that's the only reason you're not a porcupine of my arrows. He no longer jokes, no sass, and from what the others tell me, no smile. You've crushed him. I'm sorry you had to do that to him."

And with that, I leave Heather, tears streaming down her face. She now knows what her actions have done to her love and her heart breaks. I still hear her sobs from Vision's back as we take off. I didn't want to make her sad, cause honestly, she's grown on me. Now that the lies are past, she seems like such a nice girl. I feel Vision land in the arena, where Hiccup is training the others for attacking the Outcasts. As Meatlug also lands, Fishlegs says,

"He likes having his horns bent to the ground?"

"Tuffnut does." Ruff says.

"I do?" Tuff says, quickly followed by a crash as Ruff forces Tuff to the ground. "Oh yeah. That does feel kinda nice. The dirt is soft."

"Can we get on with it? There could be a whole army coming at us." Astrid says to Snotlout and I.

"Well. We're waiting." Snotlout says on Hookfang.

Vision and Stormfly take off and hover. They shoot spikes and I hear Hookfang fire. I hope it worked and the flaming Nadder spikes still work. As we land, Hiccup says,

"That's gonna work great."

"All this training is nice once we have the book, but Alvin isn't just gonna hand it over." Fishlegs says.

"No, but maybe Alvin will hand it to Heather." Astrid says. I turn my head in Astrid's direction, look at her confused and cock my head for extra effect.

Fishlegs leans over and whispers, "Uhhhh, I think Astrid's been eating Dragon Nip again--ouch!" Astrid must have hit him.

"Why is it always violence with you?!?" Fishlegs says loudly.

"It's not violence, it's communication." Astrid and I say at the same time.

"So you're suggesting that we let Heather go?" Hiccup says confused, suspicious and a little hopeful.