Chapter 17: Breakneck Bog

Hiccup and I are flying our dragons with Dad and Gobber on Thornado to look for something.

"Where is he?" Dad asks. "He's been late before, but never this late."

"Are you sure Trader Johann even has them." Gobber asks.

"I'm sure!" Dad says quickly. "I heard from Jorgensen, who heard from Stevenson the shepherd, who was told from Toldstat the fisherman who said he saw Johann put it on his boat himself."

"Well it doesn't get any more sure than that." I say sarcastically.

"You know it might actually help if we knew what we were looking for." Hiccup says.

"We're looking for Johann. That's all you need to know." Dad says, before leading us back to Berk. We land on the docks and the others dismount.

"Not to worry, old friend." Gobber says to Dad. "It'll arrive safely and in good time." They walk away.

"Ok, let's go find Johann." Hiccup and I say to each other at the same time.

We rush off to prepare our bags. I grab the essentials. Food, water, rope, blankets, first aid kit, etc. I get Vision to the arena where Hiccup is finishing his bags.

"Oki doki, we'll start on the west islands and make our way back." Hiccup says, as I hear Stormfly coming to land in the arena.

"Back from where?" Astrid asks, alerting Hiccup to her presence.

"Ahhh, um, just quick spin around the island." I stammer.

"Un uh," Astrid says as she takes a fish water canteen out of Hiccup's bags. "Quick spin, huh? With enough food to feed Snotlout's whole family."

"Do I hear my name?" Snotlout says as Hookfang lands. "Oh, do I see a salmon?" He continues and eats the fish and drinks the water.

"Alright, look. If you must know--"

"And we must." Astrid cuts me off.

"We're going to do something for our father." Hiccup finishes. There's a brief silence before Hiccup continues. "Oh gods, ok, Trader Johann is bringing something for him."

"Something important and he should have been here by now." I say.

"You're not taking this fish, are you?" He says, probably indicating the one he is eating. "Cause it's delicious." Hookfang then eats the fish from Snotlout's hands. "Hey!" Snotlout snaps and Hookfang regurgitates a tiny bit of the fish, which Snotlout eats.

"When do we leave?" Astrid asks.

"We need to go alone. If we all disappear, our Dad will get suspicious." I say.

"Go alone? You without us?" Snotlout laughs. "Like you could handle anything if we weren't there to bail you guys--" He then starts choking for a few seconds, before I go and punch him at the same time as Astrid, causing the fish to go flying out of his mouth and Snotlout to go tumbling to the ground. "Out." He wheezes.

"What about the Red Death, huh?" I ask.

"Alright fine." Hiccup gives in. "You two can come, but that's it. Don't even tell the others. Heed my warning, I'm serious."

Astrid and Snotlout run off to prepare and tell the others. "You know we're all going, right?"

An hour or so later, we're flying with the whole gang.

"Hey Hiccup. Snotlout told us there would be salmon. I love locks." Tuff says, causing Hiccup to sigh.

"I'm pretty sure I said, 'don't tell the others.' " Hiccup scolds Snotlout.