Chapter 04

The door slides close just in time for the zombies to slam their body on the wood, violently hitting their palm on the window as they snarl at us. My back slides down on the wall, my legs giving up from both literally running fast without stretching and from the fear that slowly envelopes my system. I placed a palm on top of my chest where my heart lies, it's literally beating so fast but I'm not complaining. It's better than not really having a heartbeat at all.

A hand suddenly grab my shoulders, making me flinch but relaxes when I was greeted with a familiar face, "Are you okay?" Jang Woojin asks.

I places a hand on top of his which was holding my shoulder, "Physically? Yes. Mentally? No."

"Minra-yah!" Another voice grab my attention and before I could even register it, an arm wrap around my neck, embracing me tightly, "I'm glad you're alive!"

I push her away from me, not too hard but enough for her arms to unwrapped around me. Our eyes met, seeing her eyes becomes glassy but her tears didn't fall. I scoff at her as I muster all of the dislike and bitterness in my tone, "I doubt that."

"What the fuck took you guys so long to open the door?!" I heard Jihyun rages which took my attention from Nam-ra to my bestfriend.

"We don't know, you might be one of them. We're just taking precautions!" One of the students answered, he's lean and has a slightly curly hair.

"Yeah, we would be if you took any second longer to open the door and I swear, even from my zombified state, I'll haunt each one of you!" I saw Jihyun's hand moving and I immediately rush to her before she could do what she's about to do.

I grab her hand and slightly pull her towards me, "Cheon Jihyun, play nice. They're letting us inside their classroom."

"Did you just try to hit me?!" the guy shouted in disbelief, causing the snarls of the zombies outside to get louder, the banging of the windows also starts becoming erratic.

"Guys, calm down. It's not really wise to shout when zombies are literally at the other side of the door. Don't you watch zombie movies?" I said, trying to diffuse the tension.

"Yeah no, I try to avoid movies that won't make me sleep at night," the one wearing eyeglasses responded.

"Zombies? You really believe their zombies?" Turning to the voice, my eyes slightly widen when I was met with Su-hyeok. Oh, yes, it made sense. It's his classroom anyway.

A sigh of relief escaped me before I even knew it but I covered it with a cough, "Yes, what else do you think it is? That's the only plausible explanation about what's happening."

"What if it's just a prank?" Yoon I-Sak asks, her milky white complexion evidently turned pale as her eyes literally gleams with unshed tears.

"What kind of prank would go so far to have hundreds of casualties? I mean, I've seen it with my own eyes. Their literally eating each other." It was Jihyun who answered the question.

"Where were you guys when all of this happened?" the one with the glasses asks, "Aside from us. We're here inside the classroom when the chaos ensued." he added, motioning to himself, the curly-haired boy holding the other door close, Woojin, Nayeon, the long-haired girl wearing her hair in ponytail and to both of the short-haired girls. I should really learn their names.

"On-Jo and me were in the cafeteria when it happened." Cheong-san answered, pointing at On-jo who looks pale and shaken. Can't blame her, I might even look worst than her with blood now staining my white sweater.

"I was in the cafeteria too." Yang Dae-su answered. I could read his nametag so I know his name.

"What happened to you? Is that the white powder from a fire extinguisher?" Jihyun asks and that's when I notice that Dae-su is covered with white powder from head to toe.