Chapter 39

Third Person's POV

When the sun finally rises, they were already well-rested but still weak due to starvation and dehydration. The sun shining through the luscious tall trees, the bird chirping and the occassional brushes of trees due to the wind is something like Minra would've appreciated if it wasn't because the world is now damned.

It was silent so when Dae-su groans in pain, all of them snap towards his attention. Wujin, who's tending to his best friend softly chided him, "Stay still."

On-jo suddenly stood up, walking towards the direction of the school. Su-hyeok stood up too, following the small girl, "On-jo yah, let's go."

"I can't go on like this," she turns around and look up to the taller guy, "I'm sorry but can you wait for a second?"

She starts walking but then halted, "Nevermind. Go on, I'll catch up with you." and then she begins to turn away.

Nam-ra stood up to follow her, "I'll go with her."

Minra stood to follow her sister but the lad stop her, "I'll go with her, Minra. You should stay here so they could have someone to protect them."

Su-hyeok turns to where Wujin's seating, "Wujin-ah, keep an eye on her." and they're walking away.

"Wujin-ah, keep an eye on her," Minra imitated him in spite, "I'm not a fucking child."

She marches back to her boulder, arms crossed in front of her as she plop back to the rock, "I am literally invisible to zombies yet he treats me like a fucking child. I killed zombies but he still asked Wujin-ah to keep an eye on me. What a joke." she ranted to herself.

"Yah! Are you implying that I can't protect you?" Wujin whined.

"No, I am implying that I don't need men to protect me. I'm a strong, independent woman" Minra rolls her eyes.

"I think you just need some love," Dae-su butted in. Minra reaches her foot to slightly nudge Dae-su's injured leg, the latter immediately wincing in pain.

When the trio went back, they proceeds hiking, following the trail as they walk in silence. Minra stayed in the back, choosing to walk alone as she strain her ears for any suspicious sound.

"What the hell?" Minra eyes look forward as the others in front of her stops.

"What's wrong, Unnie?" Hyo-ryeong asks Mijin.

"Shit. I think we're lost." Mijin curses sheepishly.

"There's no trail?" Hyo-ryeong asks.

"There hasn't been a trail for a while. I think we're going in fucking circles," the senior stresses out.

"Why did you go this way if there's no trail? If we go down the wrong way, it will be Hyosan," Dae-su fretted, the pain in his leg is too much for walking and it didn't help that he's hungry and dehydrated.

Suddenly, Wujin removes Dae-su's arm from his shoulder, the latter groaning in pain as his whole weight presses over his injury.

"Noona," he called Ha-ri, "There." he pointed at the hanging yellow ribbon on a branch.

The seniors led the way down, with Wujin immediately grabbing Dae-su to help him while Su-hyeok waited for Minra to move, "Don't mind me. Help Wujin with Dae-su." the lass shrug him off when she notices that not only Dae su is struggling but also Wujin.

As per the request of the lass, Su-hyeok grab the other arm of Dae-su and hang it around his shoulders, the two guy helping their injured friend to climb down the steep hill.