Chapter 41

Third Person's POV

"Yah! Minra-yah!" both Wujin and Su-hyeok called for Minra when she suddenly turn back and run the opposite way they supposed to be going.

"Why?" On-jo asks as she takes Dae-su's arm to support him as the two suddenly run after Minra.

"Wha--what happened?" Ha-ri asks, about to follow his brother but Mijin grabs her wrist.

"Minra saw Nam-ra's not following us," Dae-su explained.

"Where's Pres then?" Hyo-ryeong's question got left unanswered because none of them really know where she is.

On the other hand, the two guys followed the lass through the foggy streets, their footsteps as well as their heavy panting are the only sound that can be heard as Minra tries to locate her sister.

Wujin and Su-hyeok turned to a corner, the fog thickening as the only thing they see were outlines and shadows of the houses. But when they see the dead zombies on the ground, they realized that they were back to the place where they came from.

From the middle of the street, they could see a silhouette of a girl, standing straight as she watches a zombie feeds---but it wasn't a zombie.

The fog slightly clears up, revealing Nam-ra's petite stature holding a zombie pinned up to a post, the sound of squelching as their president feeds on the zombie are the only thing they could hear.

"Nam-ra yah," the younger twin calls for her.

Nam-ra stiffens, dropping the zombie to ground yet she remained standing with her back facing them.

A tear fell down on Minra's eyes as she begins walking towards her sister, "Nam-ra yah, why didn't you call me? I could've accompanied you. Come on, let's go home," her tone's so soft like she's talking to a baby.

"Leave me..." Nam-ra trailed.

Yet Minra's feet didn't falter, she keeps walking closer, "Nam-ra yah, it's fine. I understand."

With one swift motion, Nam-ra snap her head to their direction, revealing her face and mouth covered in blood as she snaps at them, "I said leave me alone!"

Nam-ra suddenly charges to her twin sister, grabbing her on the shoulders as she tackles her to the ground. The two guys move to attack Nam-ra but Minra immediately stops them with her gesture, "Stop, It's fine. Don't engage."

Minra's hand that was holding Nam-ra away from her laid flat on the ground, baring her neck to her sister as she smiles, "Go on, you're hungry. You can eat. You've done so much so you can eat."

Nam-ra stares at her sister beneath her, her movement seize as she look at her sister's neck. She slowly leans down, teeth itching to clench on a flesh as her mouth waters at the thought of feeding.

"Yah! Choi Nam-ra!" Su-hyeok went to grab Nam-ra away from her but Minra holds his foot to stop him from moving.

Minra's other hand went to wrap around Nam-ra's back, hugging her sister tightly as the older takes a whiff on her neck, opening her mouth and was about to bite but a tear fell down on her cheek down to Minra's neck.

"It's okay, Unnie. I'm with you," Minra choke on her saliva, "Always."

Nam-ra's shoulder shook, slowly pushing herself up, visibly sobbing as she let out a scream of anguish. Minra's grip on her uniform tightens when Nam-ra begins to stand up, "Unnie, don't go.. Please." she begs, her voice so low that it's almost a whisper, "It's okay. I'm okay, I promise."

Nam-ra's heaving loudly, grabbing Minra's hand that's gripping her uniform so hard before harshly tugging it away before she stood up and bolted out.

Su-hyeok and Wujin immediately kneels beside Minra, helping her to sit up as the former brushes the stray hair stuck on her face due to blood, sweat, and tears, "Minra yah, are you okay?"

But Minra's eyes focuses on the retreating figure behind the thick fog, "Unnie.." she wails, sobbing so hard that she's beginning to have difficulty speaking.

She pushes herself up, Wujin and Su-hyeok helping her up but she shrugs their hands off, running to where Nam-ra disappears, "Unnie!!"

"Yah, Minra!" Su-hyeok and Wujin were fast on their feet, following closer behind Minra as she runs through the thick fog, turning sharp turns and going inside alleyway and another.

At some point, the two lost sight of the girl as they look around, trying to see through the thick fog as they call for her, "Minra yah!"

Nam-ra stumbles on a narrow alley when an arm suddenly wraps tightly around her, her uniform getting soak with her sister's tear, "Unnie, please don't leave me. I'm begging you. Bring me with you please? Let's go together."

The older had an inner battle as her heart clenches at the sound of sister's cries, begging for her to stay but she knows that she can't. Nam-ra grabs Minra's hand that was wrap around her tightly, detaching herself from the lass as she suppress her sobs, "Minra, let go."

"Let me come with you, Unnie. Please, I'm begging you," It was the first time she heard Minra begs--moreover, broken.

She mourns for Jihyun silently and alone, forcing herself to stand up again and push the anguish behind her heart as they were busy fighting to survive. But Nam-ra leaving had snapped the rope she had used to tied down the sorrow she's feeling, her heart breaking into pieces as she sobs on her older sister's arms.

"You can't come with me, Minra. You're not like me," Nam-ra tried to explain, detaching the younger away from her.

"Why not? We're both infected?" The lass' voice broke, speaking inbetween her sobs.

Nam-ra succeeded in pulling away, grabbing her handkerchief from her pocket as she wipes the blood and tears from the younger's face, "Minie yah," Minra cried even harder at the mention of her childhood nickname, Minie and Namie.

"My baby sister, you're different from me, I can feel it. You don't deserve to come with me, how about Su-hyeok and Wujin? Dae-su really wants to be your friend. Are you going to leave them?"

Minra nodded instantly, "You're my twin sister, I can't leave you. You need me more."

Nam-ra smiles through the pain, "I'm a hambie, Minie. I don't need anyone like you don't need anyone too. But those two guys, the others, they need you. They need someone that would guide them, that would lead them. Like a Class President." she tucks a strand of hair on the back of Minra's ear.

But Minra shakes her head like a little child, "You're their Class President."

"I know, but who they need right now is you, Minra. Follow your heart and don't think of whatever people would think about you, okay? I know you'll need that advice when they talk to you and I can't be there," Nam-ra grabs Minra's hand, placing the handkerchief on her palm, "But I'll always be around. You might not see me but you know that I could hear you. We'll meet again soon. I love you my little sister."

When Su-hyeok and Wujin finally see Minra, they thought she was a zombie because she's limping but when she steps out of the fog, shoulders' shaking as she wipe her tears harshly using the back of her hand as she loudly cries and sniffles, the two cannot help but to run to her, the taller guy pulling her into his arm while Wujin caresses her hair down her back. Just them standing at the middle of the abandoned streets as they comfort the girl they love.