Chapter 29

Third Person's POV

Cheong-san lead the group out of the rooftop, turning the door knob and opening the door slightly to peek out and assess the surroundings. It was quiet, aside from the distant growls and snarls of the zombies, the rain and the thunder rumbling.

They walk with their lightest step, careful with each foot falls as they strain their ears for possible danger. Keeping silent makes it worse because every noise shocks them.

The first few floors don't have anything but a few splotches and puddles of blood on the wall and floor, a half-eaten body, some innards lying on the floor and trash.

However, the next floor makes Cheong-san stop, immediately walking backwards which make the group to stop too.

"What's wrong?" Su-hyeok asks in a voice that only them could hear.

"Wait," On-jo whispers back.

The sound of snarling and footsteps enters their ear, confirming the reason of their abrupt stance, "Can you see them?" Su-hyeok whispers.

Suddenly, the thunder crackles and the snarls got louder, the zombies getting crazier as they pace around, twitching weirdly.

Cheong-san gestures to On-jo to which the latter informed the others, "They're gone."

They carefully go down but in every silence, there will always be an idiot who will trip and slides on the stairs, the wood rattling when it came contact with the wall.

Wujin nearly pulled Minra with him because they're still holding hands if it wasn't because of Su-hyeok who's quick to grab and steady her. Minra hisses and glared at Wujin who scratch his nape sheepishly, "Sorry," he silently apologizes.

They proceeded, managing to avoid any encounter with zombies as they silently make their way out of the school, the rain pouring loud. Through Cheong-san's lead, they all hid behind the potted plants in the entrance of the building.

As On-jo and Cheong-san is having a silent conversation, the others at the back had to stifle their laugh because Joon-yeong just rolled on the floor and Dae-su drags him along with him.

"We have to go along the wall," Cheong-san said to Wujin who pass it to Su-hyeok who pass it until it reaches Dae-su at the back.

Cheong-san and On-Jo leads the group again, them tip toeing as they keep their body low as far as they can so they would not be seen.

They walk fast to the side of the building, the thunder rambling as the rain continues to pour hard. As the group reaches the open ground again, they uses the truck to cover them from the roaming zombies around.

Cheong-san is about to crawl under but Dae-su rushes, presenting to crawl down first before the other follows. Minra was just crawling down when she hears the group panick and the sound of aggressive snarling enters her ears.

"What the hell?" Dae-su curses when he finally notices the woman zombie who fell on the ground, "Damn it!"

He crawls out, holding the metal pole tightly as he begins hitting the zombie, "There's another zombie here!" he informed the group.

The zombie attacks him aggressively while he attacks with the same intensity. He begun hitting the zombie with the pole really hard, the metal clanging with every hit. Cheong-san stood up, peeking through the other side of the truck.

"Dae-su yah!" Joon-yeong called him, crawling out too before helping his friend in fighting the zombies.

"Stop it," Cheong-san whispers. Minra crawls out to where the others are as she looks at the lad and the lady. He seems to recognize him and by the frozen state he was in, must be someone he values, his mother maybe.