Chapter 30

Third Person's POV

The snarls and growls of zombies accelerates the heartbeat of each of them, adrenaline rushes to their system as their first instinct is to run away, "Come on, Minra, go!"

Wujin pushes Minra in front him, beckoning her to run because he's afraid that if he looks away again, he will lost her again. The girl seems to just vanish when you turn your head away from her for a second then you'll find her next about to die.

"Here! Come inside!" Ha-ri rushes her juniors inside the stock room, the juniors scrambling to go inside for safety as the snarls of the zombies increases everytime the thunder rumbles.

"Yah! No!" Minra's eyes followed the sound of cries that seemingly overpowers the screams and snarls as she felt the hand on her back let go.

She turns her head, seeing Wujin rushing to her sister as the archer is trying to pull the short-haired girl away. Her eyes landed on the black bow that slides on the floor from the guy that is being devoured by the zombies.

Her head turns back to the opened stock room, Su-hyeok waving her to get inside but she turns back to the bow.

"Mi-jin here!" Minra's eyes flew from the bow to the quiver full of arrows that the guy slides next.

Minra's having an internal conflict whether she would just follow Su-hyeok or grab the bow and arrow. But in the end, the latter won. She's not Minra if she actually follows someone.

"Ah, fuck it." she curses, running towards the bow and swiftly grabbing it on the floor.

"Yah! Minra!" she could hear Su-hyeok calling her as she runs towards Ha-ri.

"Sunbae, let me borrow one," Minra said to Ha-ri and before the senior could even process what she had said, the lass had already pull an arrow on the quiver that was clasped on her waist.

Minra loaded the bow, pulling the string and the arrow as she aims for the zombie that's charging towards them. The arrow got expelled from the bow the moment she releases it, the string propelling the arrow as it soar through the air before penetrating the zombie right on its forehead, the undead lying permanently dead on the ground.

Minra wasted no time, she immediately runs to retrieve the quiver but some arrows had scattered around. She immediately clasp the quiver on her waist, bending down to gather the remaining arrows while the guy screams on top of his lungs to get the zombies' attention away from her.

A hand suddenly reaches to grab the other arrows, helping her to gather it all. One zombie notices them, snarling as it charges towards them but an arrow impales its throat before it could get to them, Ha-ri standing behind them with her arm outstretched.

"Come on," Su-hyeok went to grab her in the shoulders, pulling her up as Wujin places the arrow back on the quiver.

With Yoo Joon-sung's screams, the group were able to get inside the stock room. Ha-ri and Wujin drag Mi-jin away from Joon-sung while Su-hyeok's pulling Minra to get inside first before closing the door behind them.

"Are you okay?" Su-hyeok and Wujin asks in the sametime but Minra's looking down at the wailing girl on the floor.

"I'm not the one you should ask," she gesture to Mi-jin being held by Ha-ri.

'Should I cry and pretend that I'm also hurt so Ha-ri Sunbaenim will hug me too? Nah, not the time to joke around. But I would like to get hug by Jang Ha-ri too.' - Minra thought.

"Yah, why did you even run there! You almost got bitten again!" Su-hyeok chided the small girl, fear comes out as anger as the time when she got bit and nearly bled to death flashes back in his mind. Her blood covering his hands and staining his clothes is not something that he will really forget easily.

"Yah Lee Su-hyeok, there's no need to shout at her," Wujin glared at the taller guy, placing an arm around Minra's shoulder.

Su-hyeok softens when he saw Minra's not looking at them but at the black and gold bow on her hand. She's not even listening to their arguing because she's too wrapped around the thought of nostalgia. She wasn't able to hold her bow eversince the accident, not even see it once. She doesn't even want to visit the center because it will only reminds her of her failure. But after a week, which feels like years of not seeing nor touching her bow, she finally got reunited with it. It must be too dramatic but her father gave this bow to her and she's been using it for years. It's like an extension of her hands and as natural as her own limbs.

'I'm actually sad right now. I want to get hugged by Ha-ri sunbaenim too,' - Minra thought.

"I'm sorry," Su-hyeok apologizes, brushing her hair behind her ears which pulls the lass out of her reverie.

"Sorry for what?" the girl asks in confusion.

"Sorry for yelling at you. I just got scared," Su-hyeok said sincerely but it only made the girl's brows to furrow even more.

"You yelled at me?" she asks again but when she saw Su-hyeok's confused look, she waves him off, "Nevermind, it's fine. Whatever that is, I didn't took it by heart."

As the group of misfits calms down, the nights gets deeper and the storm keeps brewing. The teens finds themselves sitting in the darkness again, wallowing in both anguish and despair.

"How are we going to get out now?" Hyo-ryeong asks in no one in particular. No one answers her but silence, "Are we just going to give up and wait our death here?"

Ha-ri sighs, "We'll talk about this tomorrow. Let's just get some rest. We will be needing some energy for tomorrow."

They doesn't even know how will they sleep in this situation, knowing that there are zombies roaming outside the door of the stockroom, waiting for them to step out to devour them.

They didn't even know if they're going to have some energy tomorrow especially that they haven't eaten yet and that they're near to dehydration.

Su-hyeok cannot help but to notice the trembling figure of Minra, hair sticking together because it's wet. He sat beside her, now noticing the slight tremble on her lips.

"You should remove your sweater if you're cold. It's soaked and it will not help you generate heat," Su-hyeok said softly to her.

Minra didn't answer but she did what he suggested, straightening up to remove the layer of sweater away from her body. Her uaaniform inside is still wet but Su-hyeok is right, her wet clothes will not help in generating the heat her body needs.

Su-hyeok grabs the soaking wet sweater, hanging it in one of the ball crate to dry. He removes his blazer, placing it on Minra's bare legs so she can sit comfortably. Then he wraps an arm around her shoulder, softly guiding her head so she could lay on his shoulder.

Minra refused, looking at him strangely, "What are you doing?"

Su-hyeok gave her a cheeky smile, "I remember our teacher said that body heat is the most effective trick to warm the body fast. Come on, let me hug you," he softly places her head on his shoulder but Minra glares at her, her eyes closing into a slit.

"I don't like that smile," she admitted.

Su-hyeok chuckles silently, "Don't worry. I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to. I respect you. It's just that you're trembling and I'm worried that you will get hypothermia."

Minra just continue glaring at him.

"I swear. I won't do anything to you," Su-hyeok promises, "And we're literally with other people so we can't do anything else, love."

Minra punches him on the shoulders but she snuggle closer to him, basking in the warmth of his body.

Minra knew she's playing a game she's not going to get out without hurting the other yet she cannot help but to fall with two guys. Even if it's against her morality. She's still a girl without any experience in relationship so she gets attached easily and she knew the day is nearing that she's going to regret it.