Chapter 22

I'm so sorry, guys~

***

Third Person's POV

As the helicopter gets further away, so as their hope of surviving. The helicopter's whirring symbolizes their hope, as it fades in the background, their hope slowly dwindling like a fire on the candle nearing its end.

They cannot help but to cry as their legs gave up with the weight of the reality crushing to them. They had lost their chance and no one knows if they'll have another one. In this time of crisis, where chances are scarce, seeing the vehicle filled with people who can save you drove away is like a slap to the face. After everything that they've done to get to the rooftop, the lives that was wasted, the emotional and physical exertion they gained, and the blood spills were just too much for them as they stopped jumping and waving to get the attention of the people in the helicopter.

Su-hyeok and Nam-ra, however, didn't care about the gradually shrinking helicopter as it flies away but focus their sight on the female bleeding on her neck, her hair sticks all around her pale face and was unconscious. Her lips were cracked, probably from dehydration or it's because she was loosing a lot of blood.

Wujin, who after being thrown to the ground got pulled by Dae-su to the rooftop roam his eyes around, finding one and only girl so when he didn't see her, his brain got muffled and his heart skips a beat. Just thinking of the things that Gwi-nam could done to Minra makes it harder. He was about to run back in but the door burst open, Nam-ra running in with Cheong-san and Su-hyeok following. But it wasn't them that took his attention. No, it was the girl lying unconscious on Su-hyeok arms, blood seeping through her white sweater and staining the collar of her uniform.

Wujin didn't have to think twice to run towards them just as Su-hyeok kneeled to the ground, slowly and carefully lying Minra straight as Nam-ra pushes both of her hand on her neck where blood seems to continuously splurt out.

"W-what happened to her?" Wujin's legs gave up to him, falling to the side of Minra as he briefly saw the bite mark on her neck, "Yah! H-how---Did Gwi-nam bit her?!"

As Wujin yelled, this took the attention of the others who are still mourning about the hope that died in them. Their eyes falling into to the unconscious figure of the girl from Class 2-6 and then the blood on Nam-ra's hand.

"She was bitten?!" Fear courses through Hyo-ryung as she clungs to On-jo who stayed quiet while standing up.

"Quick, throw her on the railings before she turned!" Jimin snapped at them because of fear. One infected with them is enough, two is like testing the destiny.

"What?! Are you crazy?! We cannot just throw her off the railings!" Su-hyeok rages.

"Why do you always save her?! Not because you have a crush on her that it means that you're going to risk all of our lives! She was bitten so you should've just leave her there!" the lass argues. She was right, that's what the others do but she hadn't turned yet so both Su-hyeok nor Wujin will back down.

"We wouldn't even be alive if it wasn't for her brain and her literally jumping to every fucking zombie to protect all of you!" Wujin rave, trying to prove a point as his hands find Minra's, intertwining their fingers together. She was still warm, thank the heaven.

"She got bit by Gwi-nam too just like Pres, didn't she? Maybe she will become a Hambie too?" Dae-su suggested, hope overflowing on his tone. He's scared but Minra's a friend. They might not be really close than she was with Jihyun nor Nam-ra but he wanted to be her close friend. She just seems so fun to be friends with.