Chapter 34

Third Person's POV

On-Jo runs to her father's arms, burying her face on his chest as her father wrap his arms around her. Minra froze, eyes adjusting before his figure becomes clear.

But one whiff on the air, Minra snapped, "We have to get out now, they're coming."

Su-hyeok heard, immediately rounding off the others, "Get out!"

The girls all run out followed by the boys and then Minra, choosing to stay behind with her arrow-loaded bow ready incase a zombie jump on them.

When all of them are finally out, she closes the metal door. Eagle eyes roaming around as the others rests.

On-jo's father, after asking his daughter turns to the others, "How about you kids? Are you all okay?"

No one answers but most of them nodded silently. Minra sniffs and in serious tone, she uttered, "We really need to go."

On-jo's father heave a sigh, "Are you all able to run?" he asks all of them.

"Yeah," came the series of answers, still exhausted from earlier but still filled with adrenaline.

"Good," then the elder pointed at the mountains from a far, "If you go straight to the tennis court and pass the construction site, you'll hit the mountains. If you cross the mountain and get to Yangdong---"

He wasn't able to finish his sentence because the snarling alarms them just as the appearance of a zombie came running towards them, "Mr. Nam!"

Before it could even get 20 meters closer to them, an arrow flew and penetrates right on its forehead before it dropped permanently dead on the ground, "This should be the time we run." said Minra, left arm holding the bow is still outstretched.

"Kids, run!" Mr. Nam yelled at them as he held his daughter's hand tightly, the students running towards one direction as the growls of the zombies approaching getting louder.

"To the tennis court!"

Both Su-hyeok and Minra stayed behind, the latter shooting an arrow everytime a zombie gets too closer to them.

"Go! Go! Get in!" Mr. Nam rushes them inside the gated tennis court, Ha-ri staying behind to shoot the zombie that is getting nearer but after she releases the arrow, another zombie tackles her from the side.

"Noona!" Wujin yelled as her sister dropped to the ground with the zombie on top of her. Mr. Nam immediately came to the rescue, pushing the zombie away from the senior archer as he pulls her up.

"Get in!" he instructed the kids, making sure that all of them got in before closing the gate and locking it.

"Keep running!" Mr. Nam yelled at the students as he catches up to them, crossing the tennis court but the snarls and growls of the zombies rounding up to the other entrance stops them mid-way.

"We can't go out, we can't go out," Dae-su repeated as he looks around the surrounding.

"What are we going to do now?" Wujin asks, hovering closer to Minra as they look around the tennis court, the high gate is the only thing that separates them from the zombies.

The dark veins appears again on Minra's face, stopping right behind her eyes as she loaded her bow with arrow. And then the gate broke down, the zombies swarming inside as they all begin to panick.

Minra raises her bow, pulling the string back as she releases the arrow, impaling the zombie that is in front of the herd.

"Come on, run!" she yells when no one moves, loading her bow again and aiming it to the zombies, shooting them as accurate as she can.