Water

Tobias POV

After the meeting we head back to the Dauntless compound. Maybe factions don't exist any more but we still have our spots.

"Four" I look up to find my mother standing in the doorway. I stand up. She holds a backpack over her shoulder "this is a very nice place" I place my hands into my jean pockets.

"You can come in" she steps in and looks around. She finally meets my eyes.

"Thank you...for letting me stay" I nod and walk past her "I'm proud of you" I stop mid way through the doorway and keep walking. Tomorrow we will meet up with the rest of the divergents. We're using that time to get together for the competition.

I walk into Tris room and stand in the doorway. She sits on her bed reading a book. I admire how focused she can be even though the music is blasting in the lounge. She finally looks up.

"How long have you been standing there?" I shrug and walk in.

"Not that long..." she nods

"Is your mom here?"

"Yeah" I lean over her and fit my mouth with hers. It's soft at first but then with passion. I meet my tongue with hers. She pulls back and looks at me.

"What's wrong Tobias?" I sigh.

"What's going to happen with the factions and all?" She shrugs and looks down.

"I don't know...do you have any idea who the leaders of the divergent are?" I shrug too and sit down in front of her.

"I wouldn't know till tomorrow" I say. She sets down her book and begins tracing the designs on her blanket "do you mind if I stay with you for tonight?" I know I shouldn't be asking but really I have nowhere to sleep.

"No, that's fine" she looks up at me.

"We should do something" I take her hand in mine. She looks down at them.

"Like What?" She looks up again.

"I've never been the romantic kind but...I guess I could try" I smile and she laughs.

"Well, think of something" she stands up and puts the book back on the shelf. I stand up and wrap my arms around her.

"I think I might need help" I smile.

"Well...I wouldn't be the one to ask...go get Zeke or Christina"

"Nah, she's going to make me spend a lot of money on a fancy restaurant" she hits my shoulder. I'm sure she doesn't realize how hard she punches. I laugh anyway. "You know that reminds me I never got you back for that water you dropped on me earlier today" she tenses up. I laugh.

"You know what would be fun?"

"What?" She turns around and looks up at me "you're so short" I laugh.

"You're too tall..." I make a serious face and laugh "we should have a water day"

"Water day?"

"Yeah...we gather the crew..."

"The people who only have couples and we go on a triple date?"

"Something like that" she smiles "we have water balloons and guns..."

"I knew you could come up with a smart idea for a dauntless date"

"Actually it's more Amity" she corrects me. I lean down and kiss her. Kissing Tris is like waking up. With her I feel good, I feel happy.

"You call guns Amity?" I laugh.

"It's with water" she defends "and besides a dauntless dates would only involve making out sessions and getting heated up in bed"