Still need you

Tris POV

I honestly didn't feel my fathers death. What hurt me the most was knowing that he loved me and until the last second of his life...he was able to tell me that...

After my mother and Caleb came they were devastated. It's been a week since that incident. One I may never recover from. Tobias tells me to learn how to let go. The truth is...it's almost impossible when a whole bunch of people come knocking on your door reminding you that he's gone forever.

I got back to dancing in my free time. It is and will always be my passion. I haven't spoken to Tobias but he's always around if I need anything. So is the crew.

Christina tells me how she lost her father when she was younger...and Shauna and Lynn how they lost their mother. Uriah always brings up his dog's loss which adds a bit of humor to the conversation.

Zeke has arranged things with the divergents. Because I'm not a leader I don't get fast updates but Tobias does. He spoke to us and let us know that there will be a new competition we are entering. It's battles between other dance teams...

Evelyn left to Washington. She said her parents were taking her back. I'm happy for her. She told us that she will visit at times. The entire crew found out about Tobias being Four. They didn't take it wrong but they were happy to know his true identity. The one that he shared with me the first day we met...

                     Step Up Divergent

Tris POV

I open the door to Tobias bedroom. Why am I here again? He sits up and I note that he's shirtless. He wears a confused gaze at first but it softens after a while.

"Is it okay if I stay here?" He takes a second to nod. He lies back down and I begin spreading the blanket I just brought over. I place my pillow on the ground. The bed moves and I note that he's looking at me now.

"C'mere" I look up at him. Should I go? I stand up and slide in next to him. I turn my back towards him and stare at the ground.

"Were you having nightmares?" He asks. I close my eyes and nod. He shifts in bed. I need him to hold me but I don't want him to. I scoot away from the edge and therefore closer to him. He exhales next to me and shifts again. I feel his eyes on my back. Just go to sleep. I close my eyes again.

I feel his hand touch my bare shoulder. My eyes snap open. He just can't keep his hands off of me.

"Are you awake?" He whispers.

"Yeah" I say. I mean that's the whole point as to why I came here. I feel him come closer. His arms surround me and pull me closer to him. I let out a breath.

"What's wrong Tris?" His breath on my skin makes me shiver.

"I just can't seem to get over it" I tell him "and I can't sleep knowing that we're not okay"

"Why can't things be the way they were?"

"You know why Tobias..." he balls up my shirt in his fist.

"I miss you though"

"You don't think I do too?...you know it's funny...I shouldn't even be telling you this...I should be talking to the girls and asking for advice"

"No matter what we still need each other Tris" his lips make contact with my neck. This makes goosebumps appear on my skin.

I turn around and meet his eyes. What is it that he saw in me? I'm really not worth his time. I'm the one who came looking for something. I don't even know if he still feels the same way for me.

"Go to sleep..." he says pulling me closer to him "I'm still awake" I close my eyes and breath in the familiar scent.

"Is Evelyn okay?" I ask.

"Yeah...she seems stable at the moment" I nod.

"How's Amar?"

"Stressed. He's still trying to fix the papers to get us into the competition"

"Have you heard about Jeanine and Lauren?"

"No...I'll let you know once we find out"

"Okay"

Hey sorry for the late update...writers block is hitting in but I'm trying to push through that. Thanks for all the support.