First Date

I wake up feeling anxious for my date, I want to dress cute, but not like I'm trying too hard. I put on a white long sleeve with black jeans and boots. I straighten my hair and try out a more natural look with my makeup.

I grab my favorite coat and gloves and then head out so I can get there a little early. I glance around at our snow covered campus and feel like I'm in a winter wonderland. The campus looks so beautiful and quiet, I absolutely love it. Once I reach the coffee shop I find a table in the back and wait for him to order.

I go on my phone and scroll through social media and the second I hear the door chime my pops up and I see him. He looks around and once he notices me he flashes the most perfect smile. He walks over and I stand to hug him.

"You look beautiful" he says as his eyes scan me.

"Thank you" I sit back down.

"Did you order anything?"

I shake my head "No, I wanted to wait for you"

"Perfect, what do you want and I'll go order it" I tell him and he walks off.

The barista looks flustered when she sees him and he quickly turns on that charm. He walks back over to me and takes a seat "I'm happy we're doing this" he says with a grin.

"Me too, I was flattered when you asked me"

"Well... I'm a freshman, I'm from Connecticut. My dad's a Lawyer and mom is a fashion designer. I'm an only child and I have no idea what I want to major in" he stares at me amused.

"Fair enough, and you have plenty of time to figure it out so don't stress about it. Only child? How was that growing up?"

"Lonely but I got used to it, tell me about you"

"I'm a junior and I'm the Quarterback on our football team. I want to go to the NFL hopefully and I was born and raised in Main. I have three brothers, my dad is a police chief and my mom is a doctor"

My eyes widen, his family seems lovely "Three brothers? Wow. That's must have been chaotic, so you're passion is football" he nods.

"It was a lot to say the least but my mom handled all of pretty well. Yeah it's a big dream but I've been working my ass off to get there" just then the barista walks over with our drinks.

She bats her eyes at him and I laugh it off. We continue talking and getting to know each other. I make a promise that I'll go to one of his games next year and agrees to read a book I suggested. We laugh and I end up having a better time than I thought. He's charming, sweet and really funny my instincts don't give off any red flags.

After two hours he we leave because he has to get to practice. We hug and he gently kisses my cheek, we talk about getting dinner on Sunday and then part ways. I walk back to my dorm with a big smile on my face. As I get to the building I see Kallan leaning against his truck so I walk over.

"Hey Kal" he looks up from his phone and smiles.

"Hey beautiful, I was hoping you'd be done with your date soon" I give him a look.

"Cats out of the bag about my date I guess?" He nods.

"Lovely, so what are you doing here?" He puts his phone in his pocket.

"Come hang at the guys, the guys are waiting" instead of resisting, I shrug and walk to the passenger side.

We sing along to the radio the whole way. Once we get to their house I follow him inside and start to feel nervous about all of their questions. I step into the living room and Asher sees me "Say" he says and I walk over and take a seat next to him.